Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting a Titan when my Silverado lease is up.

I drove one last week, an SE KC in Red Brawn.....nice !

I found some things a bit odd: the location of the electric window / door locks is way up on the door, it's a reach to get to them even for me (I'm tall). I suppose like most things in life, one has to get used to changes.

The radio just plain sucks....GM's Delco stock system sounds like live music to the clock radio sound from the Titan. This isn't a deal breaker, but with all the anxiety over radio problems on this board, I should hope Nissan will fix this issue ASAP.

Overall, I'd say this truck is at least on par with GM & Dodge (piss on F.O.R.D.)

I might just wait until the next model year. I've heard many times never buy the first run of anything.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It had just the standard stereo setup. I don't know if the Popular package was part of the truck package or not. It really didn't sound that awful, but it was definitely less quailty sounding than the GM Delco I have now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
radio

traded my 04 silverado for the se 4x4, the standard cd radio is far better than the chevy and its been a long coming that I have wanted to crank it up and get off watching the mirrors pulsate. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
The radio in my LE is much better than the one in my Durango and I thought that one was the best I had ever had. I guess it is just up to each person's ears and personal preferences.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my radio sucks

hey

I have the se popular package and I think my radio sound like its coming out of a tin can. Pop in a CD and it sounds great. Not sure whats going on with it. Good thing I prefer CDs anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay then, the radio sounds good to some, not so good to others. Like I said, it's not really an issue. Other than the door / window controls being located in an odd place, this truck is very nice.

It's more comfortable than my Silverado, it's obviously more powerful, and I should hope that it will be reliable like the GM's I've owned in the past. I may end up getting the Titan after all, depending on how my finances are.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think the controls are in a good spot. It's only a few inches from the steering wheel as opposed to down on the door handle or the console. If you can reach the steering wheel you shouldn't have any problems with the switches.

·
Registered
779 Posts
CDs sounds great, in SE popular

radio sounds's just OK, but CDs sounds great :cheers: , at volume 31..until one of the right rear speakers blew :huh: (warrenty item) on the SE popular system.

however, my mini-suv honda ex element's 7 speakers 270 watt with sub-woffer sounds way better than my Titan: what's up with that, Nissan?

Titan power window & door controls are in a good spot, no problemo.

·
Registered
622 Posts
the reception in my LE CC is ok, i expected a little more though, not as good as my old tacoma. Hopefully nissan will fix this soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts