Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first off I want to thank you for all the knowledge and efforts that have been put on this site! You guys are amazing and have provided tons of free information. Well I had a driveway full of Chevys for the past 10 years and loved them. I recently had a child and my regular cab and my wifes small car weren't going to do the trick anymore so I went looking for a trade. I have a good friend that works for the Nissan Dealership here and said they had just traded for a sweet local one owner Nissan Titan 4x4 CC LE. I went and looked at it and immediately loved it. I made the deal and have not regretted it since. My wife loves the Titan and wanted one of her own but I talked her into a new Nissan Rogue. That being said we traded two vehicles and purchased two more vehicles from the same dealership within a month. About a month after I bought my T I performed the Stock Air Box Mod and installed an AEM filter. The next day I was driving through town and it died on me then would not stay running for more than 10 seconds after that. I pulled into a parking lot and checked the filter and all connections, checked all the fuses and swapped the ECM relay with the Fog Light Relay. Still Nothing(no CEL either). I unplugged the MAFS and the T went into safe mode and ran fine. I took it home and cleaned the MAFS and put the known good filter back in it and still nothing. So I unplugged the MAFS again and went back to the dealership. I told them it was the MAFS and I had already tried every other option. I did not bother to tell them I am a certified mechanic with a degree from Nashville Auto Diesel College and posses a few ASE certifications as I did not figure it was any of their business. My buddy did everything he could to help me but the manager said since I didn't bother to buy the extended service warranty that would cover things like that they weren't going to do anything about it. His sidekick service manager tried to explain to me that since I unplugged the MAFS its going to show a bunch of codes and they would have to clear that then diagnose it for $75 as it could be a number of things causing the issue, vacuum leaks, o2 sensors, low battery voltage etc... I politely informed him again that its the MAFS and I would even purchase it from the dealership if they would waive all the shop fees as I just spent over $30k there in the past month. He then attempted to tell me that I did not know what I was talking about. Gotta love them dealerships. I left and drove straight to Morrow M*****, a junkyard, and purchased a used MAFS for $21.35 with a 101 day warranty. I installed it in the parking lot and the T has run great ever since. More modding to come I guess I gotta be more careful around them sensors!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
That's awesome!! Please tell me you rubbed that sh*t in their face! Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
^ What she said!

Glad you got it fixed on the cheap! The T really is a great truck. If you treat it well, it'll return the favor. I've had no issues to speak of with mine. I've had it for about a year and three months so far and I'm loving it.

Welcome to the party!

Reactions: COREYMFT
1 - 4 of 4 Posts