Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I just purchased my first Titan, which is a 2005 SE 4x4. I had a frontier for a while and loved it, so when we had our first child a couple months it was a great excuse to upgrade to a Titan. My father in law has a 2014 Pro4x and I loved it, so I knew I'd be getting a Titan as well.

It's got a 6" pro comp life and has the chrome package as well. I'm not opposed to chrome but I really want to have a blacked out truck, so I'm going to be searching this forum to figure out how I swap all the chrome for black (handles, tow mirrors, etc). I also want to figure out how to take off all the badges (or black them out).

But the very first thing I'm going to do is fill those wheel wells with some meatier tires. The ones on there right now are definitely to small and look out of place. I've never been much of a "lifted" truck guy, but I think it's not too flashy it can look really good.

Thanks for putting this forum together and I'm excited to learn more. Cheers!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Nice truck. As for blacking out emblems you have 3 options. 1st, painstakingly tape off each letter as close as human possible and spray with regular paint. 2nd remove the letters with fishing line/razor blade and spray them off the truck. Or 3rd spray them with plasti dip. Go on YouTube and type in plasti dip to see how it works. It's he best option for emblems and maybe mirrors. For handles I would vinyl wrap them if it were me. Best of luck and welcome!

·
Registered
882 Posts
+1 on plasti dip for the emblems, mine have been black for almost 2 years now with no issues. Mirrors lasted 6 months. Anything plasti dipped that faces bugs, rocks, and road debris will not last.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice truck. As for blacking out emblems you have 3 options. 1st, painstakingly tape off each letter as close as human possible and spray with regular paint. 2nd remove the letters with fishing line/razor blade and spray them off the truck. Or 3rd spray them with plasti dip. Go on YouTube and type in plasti dip to see how it works. It's he best option for emblems and maybe mirrors. For handles I would vinyl wrap them if it were me. Best of luck and welcome!
Thanks ERMAHGERD! (p.s that's the best handle ever). I've actually used plasti-dip on my motorcycle before so I'm pretty familiar with that product. I love it for how quick it is, but not sure of the what the longevity would be on the emblems. I think I'll try a couple emblems this weekend and see how it goes. I'm really interested in the vinyl wrap option you mentioned. I have a friend who owns a vinyl shop (in another city) so I'll chat with him about it. It would be interesting to see if you could vinyl wrap the bumper as well instead of getting a new one.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 on plasti dip for the emblems, mine have been black for almost 2 years now with no issues. Mirrors lasted 6 months. Anything plasti dipped that faces bugs, rocks, and road debris will not last.
Ya that's what I was thinking. I'll definitely use it for the emblems. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
The only place that plasti-dip held up on my truck are the emblems. Been a few years and about 50 car washes still going strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts