Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we decided to head up north for a few days to enjoy the cooler weather since it looks like the heat wave is beginning in Az. I took the truck and trailer down to the scales before we left to see exactly where I'm at weight wise with our setup:

Truck w/ full tank of gas, the family, sliding tool box full of tools, sliding bed extender and the increased weight of the new LT tires came in a 5,600 lbs.

The Trailer came in at 5,700 lbs with 700 lbs of tongue weight.

I continue to be truly amazed with this truck. We took the trailer on a quick test run back in Jan but I didn't want to push the truck too hard since it only had 1k miles on it at the time and it did very well. This time I decided to be more agressive when we hit the 6-7% grades going out of town just to see how well it would really do and I was even more impressed with this trip than I was the first time. We were able to maintain 65-70 mph up the grades in 92 degree heat with the A/C on and the engine and tranny temp gauges didn't even budge past normal temp readings! We also averaged 9 mpg which is darn good to me considering our average speed was a little faster than I typically drive.

Just another testimony of a phenominal truck!

Karl

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Karl, Did you head up the 17 or the 60? I'll be pulling a 26' trailer this June and I've been curious as how the Titan would do on some of those long grades. Sounds like it should do well. I'm psyched!

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's great news!!! It's a beautiful thing when something lives up to it's expectations. I can't wait until it's my turn.

How was the camping?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
You are finally getting to see why I was so excited about this truck. The first time I hooked up the trailer to one and was able to actualy relax while towing, I was SOLD!

Karl, I'm glad to hear it. Now do we need a Titan RV weekend now?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Derwud said:
You are finally getting to see why I was so excited about this truck. The first time I hooked up the trailer to one and was able to actualy relax while towing, I was SOLD!

Karl, I'm glad to hear it. Now do we need a Titan RV weekend now?

Guys these are great informative posts. I see on other boards all the time....Yeah, but can the Titan tow? Or "Yeah, the Ford does just fine".... When you have the power at your fingertips...as you do in the Titan...the towing IS relaxing. The Titan is second to none in 1/2 ton towing....Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys. We took I17 to Flagstaff and the weather was great and the camping was even better. We had a lot of people coming up to us at the gas stations admiring the truck and asking about its performance.

You're right on the money Darryl, I've towed a lot of different things in my life with various vehicles and I don't ever remember being as relaxed and comfortable with a tow vehicles performance as I have been with the Titan. Imagine what it will be like when they come out with a 1 ton Titan/diesel combo. Gives me chills just thinking about it. A Titan RV weekend sounds like a good idea to me!

70boss, agreed...I've tried them all and this is undoubtedly the best 1/2 ton towing performer out there.

Karl

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I've placed my order for my 3/4 ton diesel CC standard bed, yes 6 foot bed if I can. With 35's on it!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Derwud said:
I've placed my order for my 3/4 ton diesel CC standard bed, yes 6 foot bed if I can. With 35's on it!
I can just see it now...400+ hp and 650+ lb ft of Torque. Just right to pull our future 40 ft fiver down the road!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I thinking Weekend Warriors 45 foot 5er...... All my toys, two slide outs and a Jaquzi. :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts