Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone interested in doing a complete interior swap that has auto climate controls can upgrade the A/C controls as well, just did the wiring comparison between 06 and 08 so you can rewire connectors and get the updated controls. Probably have to swap out factory radio for aftermarket and use Metra kit. I have no monies so someone else will have to try it out for me.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/6150962-post12.html

·
Registered
618 Posts
Anyone interested in doing a complete interior swap that has auto climate controls can upgrade the A/C controls as well, just did the wiring comparison between 06 and 08 so you can rewire connectors and get the updated controls. Probably have to swap out factory radio for aftermarket and use Metra kit. I have no monies so someone else will have to try it out for me.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/6150962-post12.html
I'd love to do a recent Armada dash and door panels in my Titan. The Titan dash...eh
I'd also like to do the new Armada front end and the AWD system too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just looked at the difference between titan and armada, guess it really isn't a dash swap but AC control swap since thats about all they changed besides cluster. 2013 got a newer looking steering wheel it looks like haha. Armada swap looks like it would require an entire donor vehicle since the dash is shaped different so the AC ducts and wiring harness and everything would be different. When I can I'll just do the easy little upgrades that at least make my truck look like its in the 2010+ era. 2015 got new door panels similar to XD.

·
Registered
373 Posts
so after a few months...... everything is still working great and I'm thinking of swapping my hvac controls to the newer style also

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Do you mean going from dials to auto climate (digital)?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm just switching my 05 dials to the newer 11 style dials. not digital. i want to do it so i can swap out to a newer looking center dash. leaves more room so i can install an aftermarket gauge

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Just bought a center dash from a 14' Titan. Will also be attempting the newer style Hvac controls in the next few weeks. Let me know if you tried it yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Yes I did see that thanks! I'm debating on installing the manual or auto controller.

Has anyone actually completed this or am I going to be the guniea pig?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes I did see that thanks! I'm debating on installing the manual or auto controller.

Has anyone actually completed this or am I going to be the guniea pig?

You probably should stick with the same as what is currently in your vehicle since there are extra sensors and motors for auto climate control vehicles since they have dual climate. It could probably be done but if you are weary of even upgrading I wouldn't push your luck. 05Mistake is trying this soon if not already started from text's I received from him.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Started already. Its wired in. And works. With the addition of a temp sensor. Im just waiting for my nav bezel and nav unit to arrive. Then its some textured wood vinyl wrap and this project is done for a few months. Had to promise the wife no mods for a while since i just dropped some good coin this month

Kodie that cluster i have is all yours buddy when are you going to want it lol just pay shipping

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Good to know it works! Did you happen to have a part# for the temp sensor? Did you cut and splice the wires or de-pin the connectors?

Post pics when you are done. Curious to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
373 Posts
No i bought a center faceplate and hvac with the plugs. I cut and repositioned the wires in the plug. I googled titan ambient temp sensor. Theres only 2. I got the inside one. The other goes on the core support

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

61 - 80 of 111 Posts