Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
No i bought a center faceplate and hvac with the plugs. I cut and repositioned the wires in the plug. I googled titan ambient temp sensor. Theres only 2. I got the inside one. The other goes on the core support

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sorry Paul, didn't write on there specifically but I believe the temp sensor you need is on the core support, needs to know outside air temp not inside. And thanks I'll gladly take the cluster :) I'll text you about shipping.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Just got the sensor today. Did you order a pigtail connector for it? Also, where did you mount it?

No i bought a center faceplate and hvac with the plugs. I cut and repositioned the wires in the plug. I googled titan ambient temp sensor. Theres only 2. I got the inside one. The other goes on the core support

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Installing the 2014' center dash today in my 05. I noticed a few differences so far. The vents are different shaped. Going to figure out how to make them fit. Also, 4x4 selector, airbag light, hazard all have different plugs.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
How it looks so far. Still need to put in radio trim ring and air vents after I modify them. Also need to wire up temp controller. Fits good though. Had to cut a brace behind the radio and also a mounting tab on the very top of console.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looking to get clarification on the process that's needed to swap the 08 Titan cluster into an 04 Titan.
Is there a harness that's required to make this work, or will existing 04 wiring plug suffice? If so any part numbers or ebay links you can share?
I notice you mention 2011 quite a bit, is the 08 cluster the same as 2011, and will the exact same pin swaps be required in your spreadsheet?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looking to get clarification on the process that's needed to swap the 08 Titan cluster into an 04 Titan.

Is there a harness that's required to make this work, or will existing 04 wiring plug suffice? If so any part numbers or ebay links you can share?

I notice you mention 2011 quite a bit, is the 08 cluster the same as 2011, and will the exact same pin swaps be required in your spreadsheet?

I used a 2011 because thats what i got cheap. You will need the two plugs from a 2008 newer armada or titan. 2 plugs instead of one. The spread sheet shows you exactly what wires match up and which ones get relocated. I have swapped in 4 different cluster into my truck from various year titans. The numbers on the back mean nothing. Just match up the type of shifter you have. (Steering Column or center)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I make plug and play harnesses for this now. I'll be taking preorders. $100 each if you are on the Titan talk fb page you can find me on there Brennan Becker. I will also make these for the 08-10 Infiniti QX56 cluster

·
Registered
40 Posts
What are the part numbers for those plugs?

Are the plugs actually different, or just wires are pinned differently? I was just planning on moving the wires location on the existing plug, because I assume the molex connectors are the same.

I used a 2011 because thats what i got cheap. You will need the two plugs from a 2008 newer armada or titan. 2 plugs instead of one. The spread sheet shows you exactly what wires match up and which ones get relocated. I have swapped in 4 different cluster into my truck from various year titans. The numbers on the back mean nothing. Just match up the type of shifter you have. (Steering Column or center)

·
Registered
28 Posts
The main connector just needs repinned, you need to either solder wires directly to the pins on the cluster for the second small connector or find one in a junk yard or on ebay as 05mistake did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought a sport steering wheel and it came with the covers as well! The only annoying part is the center pad looks off color, since the color is actually different.

Looks great. If Paul would ever get mine shipped out I'd be looking at those nice gauges too ;)

I'd guess you probably just need a set of these and you'll be golden:

http://www.amazon.com/Covers-Steering-Wheel-Controls-2004-2007/dp/B016E2VHVS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462993177&sr=8-2&keywords=titan+steering+wheel+control

81 - 100 of 111 Posts