Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have my radio fading out problem fixed. Can't believe it was so easy. I had posted an earlier thread about it fading lower then coming up higher. California Titan and rrumaner mentioned having my SSV off. It was and I had tried it both ways but my pre-set stations were still fading in and out even on open highway driving. Well I was really upset, to say the least, and decided to take it out again this afternoon and try to see what was going on. My CD's sound awesome and I am sorry Canteen has a CD problem. Hope it is fixed with his new radio. Anyway I started using the tune stations button to pick up other stations and those that were not pre-set were not fading HMMM. I got the manual back out re-read everything. Then I got to thinking which is dangerous for us blondes. Why are the non pre-set stations sounding great and not the pre-set ones? Well guess what. When I pre-set them the SSV must have been on from the factory!! I had never touched it. I re-set all the stations with the SSV off and bingo all stations are coming in loud and clear and no fading. I have not noticed the ST coming in or out either. Also I tightened up the antenna as soon as I got it home as it was about to fall off it seemed. I wanted to pass this on to everyone in case you may be having the same issues. Now I am even happier with my Titan. One big issue down and only a couple small ones to go. :)

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
static101 said:
I got the manual back out re-read everything. Then I got to thinking which is dangerous for us blondes. :)
Wow, good job, being blonde as well, this story could have gone much worse had it been me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
thanks for the info :) . i have the same problem with my titan and even though its not serious it still bothers me. i hope your solution works for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tried the fix..still a no go

I tried your fix, but I am still having problems with it fading out. I don't know if this is going to fix the problem for a lot of people b/c my understanding is SSV makes the volume go UP with increases of speed, not down, which is the case with most people. But, maybe there is something else related to preprogrammed channels? Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
superdelish. What is yours doing. Is it fading in stereo mode or just the sound going up and down?

·
Registered
473 Posts
A lot of us are having the same problem of the radio not being able to hold onto a station, not how the volume changes.

The problems are:

1. Poor reception of radio stations.
2. Extreme differences between CD, Radio, AUX inputs.

Misundestandings:

1. SSV changes the volume a large amount even set at the lowest setting.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not having the
1. Poor reception of radio stations.
2. Extreme differences between CD, Radio, AUX inputs
Mine was fading in and out on the volume it seemed but sounded more like the song went into a barrel and then came out of it. The SSV was off all this time. I think there may be several issues with radio but I am happy, so far, that mine seems to be going in a positive direction !!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
superdelish said:
I tried your fix, but I am still having problems with it fading out. I don't know if this is going to fix the problem for a lot of people b/c my understanding is SSV makes the volume go UP with increases of speed, not down, which is the case with most people. But, maybe there is something else related to preprogrammed channels? Thanks for the suggestions!
My SSV makes my sound go up and down, based on my speed. I've turned it off and it was much easier for the Nissan Tech. to here what I'm talking about. My RF when listening to fm stereo continuously gose out and comes in. What I'm trying to say is this, One minute it sounds great and then the sound gose FLAT. No treb. and is very basey or to much bas. I even cranked up the treb all the way and it still sounds flat. Just like mono sounds. Theres no open spacial sound, This is on every station. and it's constantly in and out, I can't even listen to it! It makes me so FRUSTRATED! I really hope they can find out what the problem is. It might be as simple as a grounding problem. But who knows. I payed alot of money for this truck. I would like to enjoy my stereo! :wtf:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Deepwater your truck is awesome. I plan on driving my truck to work tommorrow so will test the stereo again to make sure it is not doing like it was. It sounds like what you described. I will let you know how it goes. I am going to the dealers also after to work to have them look at my dings and will ask again about anything they have learned about the stereo problems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My problem is EXACTLY as Deepwater explained...and I think that's the major problem everyone seems to have. The unit still displays that it's in ST (Stereo) but it almost sounds like it's going in mono. I don't think that it's a reception problem, I believe it's some sort of interferance problem as you can sit at a light and it sounds fine, but give it gas and leave, and there it goes, back into Mono. It is very frustrating!

·
Registered
83 Posts
radio

I used to have a blaupunkt aftermarket radio in my frontier, and had the same kind of problem at first. The thing was the digital tuner sensitivity, on the Blaupunkt, you could adjustit ot turn it off. Too bad we can't do that on the titan.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have the "in a barrel" problem also. Every time I go to the dealer it works fine. Next week I'm going to have them take a longer ride with me until we can hear the problem.

The only problems I have with my truck are with the conveinence package, the seat moving by itself and the radio. Seems like a waste of about $1000. I won't give up on Nissan though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
"In a barrel" is exactly what I've been talking about and "Mono Sound" or "AM like" quality.

I called Nissan and they said get dealer to confirm. My dealer round trip is 3 hours. I have another dealer 20 minutes away but we got off on the wrong foot on my trade in. About $ 5000.00 worth, so I'm not too comfortable with them "doing the right" thing or being concerned with my problem.

Hope we all get some answers, cause the CD is awsome sound and my FM sounds great at times and just when you start to enjoy it----Barrel sounding, Mono AM shows it's ugly face!!! :crying:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well I hate to say it but my radio is NOT 100% fixed. It is much better than it was but it still fades out. I took it in tonight and the service manager got in and we went for a ride. He heard it and does say it is a problem. He is contacting Nissan to see if they have any answers. I was so hoping my problems were fixed. It is much better but not fixed. I also contacted Nissan and filed a complaint. The man said he had never had anyone complain before and I said he better check the records. I showed the service manager this website and the posts. I truly believe that he will check into this for me. Anyway sorry to lead everyone astray but it really help me and I can listen to the radio now without wanting to rip it out of the dash and throw it out the window. Will keep all informed as things happen. Those that have not called Nissan PLEASE do so. It will help all of us. PS. They gave me the change tray tonight also!!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
static101 said:
Well I hate to say it but my radio is NOT 100% fixed. It is much better than it was but it still fades out. I took it in tonight and the service manager got in and we went for a ride. He heard it and does say it is a problem. He is contacting Nissan to see if they have any answers. I was so hoping my problems were fixed. It is much better but not fixed. I also contacted Nissan and filed a complaint. The man said he had never had anyone complain before and I said he better check the records. I showed the service manager this website and the posts. I truly believe that he will check into this for me. Anyway sorry to lead everyone astray but it really help me and I can listen to the radio now without wanting to rip it out of the dash and throw it out the window. Will keep all informed as things happen. Those that have not called Nissan PLEASE do so. It will help all of us. PS. They gave me the change tray tonight also!!
static...
HI... sorry it wasn't a complet fix. But I'm glade you got your change tray! I got an extra one for free! I was going to give it to you if you had a problem in getting one. The Radio is my only disapointment with my truck. I hope we all here some good news soon on this. It cant be that hard to figure out. Thanks for keeping us informed! :)
Deepwater

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
static101 said:
Hey Deepwater your truck is awesome. I plan on driving my truck to work tommorrow so will test the stereo again to make sure it is not doing like it was. It sounds like what you described. I will let you know how it goes. I am going to the dealers also after to work to have them look at my dings and will ask again about anything they have learned about the stereo problems.
static101.....
I really like the white! It looks nice and clean. Very Sharp!! I hope it isn't to long before we all can enjoy our stereo's! The FM is really a DRAG! Keep me posted. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank Deepwater. I really appreciated the offer for the coin tray. You are a special Titan person!! And at least we stuck together on the seat issue. I am calling the dealer tomorrow to see if they found anything out yet. I can tell you this I love the power and ride in this truck. I know things are not always perfect but I have to have the radio fixed and I am debating on my dings. You have fun trucking and keep me informed what you find out and I will post my findings to the site so we can all be happy with the radio.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts