Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have good pics on how to remove the door panel - but moreso all i need is pics. i need to know where i can drill a single hole to mount my flasht light mount.

i may just have to remove the panel to see for myself, but i figured someone may have pics already. i searched and found 2015 panel how to and some pics that dont help as much.

i have a 2012.

-J

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Re: Driver door panel pics

If you have the door where the handle is down lower like my 2008 there are 3 places where there are bolts if I remember right. Pop off the armrest, pop off the little rubber cover on the pull handle (diagonal from the armrest), and the cover behind the door handle. After that it's just plastic clips and you can just pull the door cover off.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Titan SV 4x4
26 Posts

Here's the documentation on how to remove the door panels. They're fairly easy. Be careful on the door pull handle. Its pretty easy to break (I broke mine).

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thx guys.....ill snap a pic later, but i mounted one on my Xterra door panel and have a tactical flash light always with me just in case.

-J

·
Registered
460 Posts

thx guys.....ill snap a pic later, but i mounted one on my Xterra door panel and have a tactical flash light always with me just in case.

-J
Can you tell us what light you use?
Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This is a pic of my xterra....light is a very basic led light....nothing special.

The one I have for my titan is a police security branded led light....250 lumen.

Haven't had a chance to mount the titan light yet.

J

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Finally installed the titan flash light mount....I simply went eBay and bought bike handle bar flash light holders and took them apart and used a course pan head screw to secure to door panel....

Light of about 1 inch diameter​ holds in there very well and is out of the way but also easy to access..

J

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I purchase 9 of them....lol....

I cycle as well and I wanted to mount these on my bikes and multiple Nissan's too..

The 2nd pic you can see the rivet I had to drill and snap off to separate the two halves.

From there I think I used a pan head screw and wham right into the panel after verifying it won't hit anything....plus I ensure that section of panel has thick build up of plastic to secure the mount nice and tight.

J

·
Registered
680 Posts
Never thought of doing that. I just keep a 3 D cell LED Maglight on the door pocket. Don't think I can find a sturdy mount for it but would be nice so I wouldn't have to reach all the way down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never thought of doing that. I just keep a 3 D cell LED Maglight on the door pocket. Don't think I can find a sturdy mount for it but would be nice so I wouldn't have to reach all the way down.

Mag light sells clip mounts for them
.....this forum member did it with his mag light. See pic.

·
Registered
680 Posts
That's going on my list of things to do. Do you get any rattleling at all?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont with mine..it's much smaller...I can't image u would if you ensure you hit solid area...I took apart my door and confirmed my drill location first to ensure I wasn't using too long screws and that I was hitting a solid area of plastic or I even used sheet metal self taping screws on my xterra and other vehicles with this mod....I bought a nine pack and put them in every car....in the xterra I plan on putting another in the hatch area...and in the titan I'm gonna sheet metal screw another at the tail gate area for night time use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts