Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used Ethanol a couple of times but it ran out so quick I stopped since it wasn't worth the small difference in price versus the serious drop in mileage.

Are any of ya'll using ethanol?

·
Premium Member
58,372 Posts
It's not available around here and I probably wouldn't run it if it was.

·
Super Moderator
160,986 Posts
Not available here, either. At least not conveniently. Ethanol runs about a 28% lower energy density than gas, so unless you're paying more than 28% less for it, you're losing money. If you're a tree hugger, you probably wouldn't care about that, but then you probably wouldn't be driving a Titan in the first place. :lol:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Not available here, either. At least not conveniently. Ethanol runs about a 28% lower energy density than gas, so unless you're paying more than 28% less for it, you're losing money. If you're a tree hugger, you probably wouldn't care about that, but then you probably wouldn't be driving a Titan in the first place. :lol:
I thought a lot of the HEBs around Austin carried E85 now. They were starting to when I moved away. That was 3 years ago though, maybe times have changed (or you don't live near an HEB).

·
Super Moderator
160,986 Posts
Mapquest gives 5 returns for E85 in Austin. Not many, given the metro area includes more than a million people. I'm up on the East side of Round Rock, so the nearest one to me is actually an HEB at Parmer and I35 with the others being more Central to South Austin. :dunno: 4 of the 5 are HEB stations, so you're right that they're definitely the ones with the E85 presence here in town.

Not really sure I'd try it anyway, for the reason I posted above. Money losing deal. I don't really fret over my mileage, it's a truck, but I don't think I'd fill up with an alternative fuel knowing it was going to be more expensive to run just to have some false sense of being "green".

·
Registered
827 Posts
I tried a few tanks when I lived down there, and went back to normal gas for the same reasons. It was cheaper up front to buy, but not enough to counter the decrease in mileage.

·
Super Moderator
160,986 Posts
One of the other Titan guys here in town drives down there from Round Rock to fill up. Loves running it. Me? I'd drive further to find straight gasoline, but not an alternative. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts