Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been running this for about a week now and it works great.
Used one of JonBlazed glove box light kits. Had to use a door pressure switch out of a 91 S-10, because the pressure switch that came in the kit was to long. Grounded the switch to the Air Bag module mounting bracket. Then ran the power wire up to the fuse box and used a add-a-circuit to power it up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
looks good, but your light would blind the heck out of me at night. that is why we chose to move it to a different location. so you dont see the actual lights just the glow from them.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
where did you get that switch from? :teethmast

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks good. Like the momentary switch hook up. I feel you could have just ordered some brighter map/dome lights instead of going through all that trouble for one console led strip. I think since you already added the circuit and grounded you should go ahead and add footwell and under the seat lights and run it all off one switch. I have about 3 LED rocker switches mounted in my empty console slots. Just just a half inch paddle bit to drill a hole in them and mounted switch. LEDs use virtually no power. I think having the interior console light on while it is closed might give it a cool look. Like a treasure chest busting with light in the inside.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good. Like the momentary switch hook up. I feel you could have just ordered some brighter map/dome lights instead of going through all that trouble for one console led strip. I think since you already added the circuit and grounded you should go ahead and add footwell and under the seat lights and run it all off one switch. I have about 3 LED rocker switches mounted in my empty console slots. Just just a half inch paddle bit to drill a hole in them and mounted switch. LEDs use virtually no power. I think having the interior console light on while it is closed might give it a cool look. Like a treasure chest busting with light in the inside.

I have already installed some LED footwell lights, tied them into the cargo light circuit so they come on when the door is opened. I have some under the seat LED's, have not took the time to instal them, going to tie them to the cargo light circuit also.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Agreed! I have a 24 spot/6 lead and a 50 spot/2 lead that would be like looking into the sun. Most of these guys have all the kits already and have
"the itch" I'm still a cooler console guy all the way!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts