Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just bought my 07 SE about 3 weeks ago and down here in florida its also love bug season so they are EVERYWHERE and leavin ugly bug splat marks all over my truck i just got in from spending about 45 just on the front bumper with bug and tar remover....does anyone know of a easier way to get these things off?

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's been Years since I had to deal with them (thankfully) ,but windex used to do a fairly decent job of removing them .

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Try dryer fabric softener sheets. Just wet them and gently wash the front of the truck with them and the love bugs will come right off. They are horrible in South Louisiana right now too.

·
Registered
805 Posts
hard12catch33 said:
Well i just bought my 07 SE about 3 weeks ago and down here in florida its also love bug season so they are EVERYWHERE and leavin ugly bug splat marks all over my truck i just got in from spending about 45 just on the front bumper with bug and tar remover....does anyone know of a easier way to get these things off?
dont VW beetles leave a bit more damage than that?......:jester:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the same problem too in FL...My solution is that I use my pressure washer on the lowest setting to remove the bugs... Then I put about 3 coats of good wax on the front. I also put a mesh behind the grill to catch the bugs that do not get stuck to front of the truck. The wax will help to remove the bugs a little faster in the future.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just picked up my truck and have only driven back to the hotel... and sadly there are a few on the bumper already. I of course had to do some parking lot detailing. :)

I'm dreading my trip back to miami. Last weekend when I drove back down in my g35, they had literally covered! the entire bumper. I couldn't see the silver paint at all! It was absolutely the worst i had ever seen.

I pressured washed them off (low setting), but I am too scared to do that to my new truck. lol

BTW... quick question. Would it be possible to put another layer of clear coat on the truck for added protection? Has anyone ever done that, or at least heard of it? I think i'm going to call my body shop when I get back in town.
Thanks,
-Eric

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Maybe you guys should try some Saran wrap. That stuff will cling to anything, then just peel it off when you get home...lol.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
well my crazy neighbor used to pour some olive oil on her car after washes... i tihkn it did pretty well... it took the harmful crap out of them so it wouldnt ruin your paint if you left them on for a while.. and idk about you but i dont tune down my pressure washer.. as long as you dont have it on straight beam do wide angle and that will make sure you dont chip your paint...

·
Registered
30 Posts
LOL, I actually thought of using that for my trip home!

Luckily in miami we have killed off all bugs of these types, through something or other... :clap: But the trip home has me worried!

Is there a clear bra out for the 08's????

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I was going to suggest the 3M clear bra. When I first got my truck, I had it applied and the first road trip we took was from Chicago to Tampa. Everyone was complaining about those bugs and I had some on the front of my truck, but they washed right off the clear bra without leaving any residue.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
when do love bugs disapear ??? i cant remember how long they stay here

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
when do love bugs disapear ??? i cant remember how long they stay here
In South Louisiana they come twice a year, once in the spring, and once at the begining of fall. They usually only last a couple weeks to a month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I 2nd the pressure washer. Works like a champ.

P.S. My first post. I guess I had stage fright and a little lack of technical knowledge too so I guess it is better late than never. I live in Florida now but am moving to Minnesota in 2 weeks. I am not going to miss the love bugs though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts