Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really think I am more excited about driving my new Titan (1348mi) up to MA than I am about seeing my family!!! during the 2 week trip we have a little excursion up to Killington VT for some skiing, so it should prove to be pretty fun. There is some fresh snow up there and I just cant wait to get up there. I know she will be thirsty, but it will be worth it... results upon return...

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Have fun man, it's a great trip. I've done it a couple times to go back up and see my family. Once I went straight through without stopping and it took about 22 hours from Boynton Beach, FL to Norwood, MA.

If I can give you any advice, it's to try and leave at 1 or 2 AM...you'll miss all the traffic in the major cities.

Have a great trip, enjoy the cold. :D

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Oh man I miss Killington. I used to ski up there almost every weekend when I was a kid. Have a safe trip and as you have already been told, take lots of pictures.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well... I am back now... leaving with 1396mi on my 08 and returning with 5738... drove through every kind of condition... 70's when we left FL, rain the entire first day, which as we went north turned to a wintry mix. We stayed in Roanoke VA and woke up the next morning to 22 degrees outside and lots of black ice... Two days after getting to MA, was the day we set off to Killington (New Years day) and as you guys may ahve saw... There was a pretty significant storm of about 12'' of snow. From the time we left central MA to Killington we went from no snow to 8''. a normal 1.5hr drive took 5.5. my sister and brother-in-law came with us (in a 2004 cavelier) and my sister made him pull over b/c she was freaking out that the roads were so bad. She hopped in with us where my wife was, literally, working on her cross stitch pattern she was so calm. This was the first time my wife had been any snow like this because she is from TX. My sister, who has lived in MA for the past 29yrs was a wreck. She calmed down once she hopped in with us and relaxed... ulimately Shawn had to pull over and park at a gas station for the night b/c he would not have made it any further. They both hopped in and we took off...
For those of you who were wondering... This truck is a tank in the snow!!! I still have the stock Goodyear POS's on there and this thing went anywhere. no worries!
I averaged 18.7mi/gal on the way up there doing 75-80 with about 500lbs of stuff with us in which I was very impressed with.
I do have some pics that I will post. one of which we drove through this field & trail with about 6-8'' of snow to get to a good sledding hill... there were 12 people packed in the truck (front/back) and there was not a worry in my mind that we would get stuck. I loved it! tho other is my Wife and Daughter both of them was their first time sledding...
I am still pretty exited about the whole thing and am just so pleased with the truck! More pics to follow...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.