Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT******

I guess Im being about as clear as mud right now, so lets try this again, lol.

Truck 2005 Nissan Titan CrewCab 4X2
Im trying to find the exact FlowMaster Super 44 muffler that would fit my stock pipes on my Titan (its a single exhaust and I don't want to go to duels at all) and I would like some recommendations on a good tip that dumps near the same spot as the stock tip does.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
What year truck? And why you want one of those? They sound horrible on Titans. At least, not without significant mods done to get it to sound right.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have a super 44 and I think it sounds great.... it is all a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
They sound great on titans.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Super 44 sounds a bit better than the Super 40 but both sound "tinny" and very "raspy" unless you have resonators or something else to eliminate it. @ any rate, we need to know the year of your truck to steer ya in the right direction.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have the 40 series, sounds damn good to me, especially with the windows down. What year is your truck?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry forgot that, its a 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab, 4X2

Im looking for a bit better sound and a little better gas on a budget. Im open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i have dual super 44's and i love it! sounds really loud and really mean!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Get a Magnaflow !! Do a muffler swap with a magnaflow muffler. Flowmaster mufflers are chambered and are almost as restrictive as the stock muffler. The magnaflow muffler with give you good hp and trq gains and they sound good. Sounds almost stock at idle and crusing speeds and nice roar when you punch it.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Eh, ive always been turned off by the Maggys, I love my FM Super 44, i would like to say its the best mod i ever did, but id be lying, its probably the 2nd :p.

And whoever says it sounds "not so great" obviously hasnt heard it in person. Check my Sig and you can hear mine.

You have an 05 like mine, so you would need a single in system and whatever you want for out. If you have a double in, then you can always get the muffler shop to run a splitter. Not recommended though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lt.leon, I've seen that vid 2 or 3 times watching and listening on youtube. Thats what I'm going for just want a different tip. I just don't know which to get: 2.5 offset in and center out ? Or center in center out ? what's the size I need to hook to the stock pipes?

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
952546 is the one.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Flowmaster vs magnaflow...

Flowmaster sounded better to me, until I cut off those tailpipes and added turn downs with resonated tips...now I LOVE the magnaflow 22".

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Lt.leon, I've seen that vid 2 or 3 times watching and listening on youtube. Thats what I'm going for just want a different tip. I just don't know which to get: 2.5 offset in and center out ? Or center in center out ? what's the size I need to hook to the stock pipes?
I see you've changed your mine for the dual tips? (dual out)

The stock pipes are 2.5" if I remember correctly. And I would use the center in, center out. Also, with a different tip, it will sound differently, be aware of that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, I want single out pretty much dumped in the same spot it is now. Any recommendations on tips? I like the look of the ones that crook towards the ground (kinda like the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess Im being about as clear as mud right now, lol. Let me see if this helps.

Im trying to find the exact FlowMaster Super 44 muffler that would fit my stock pipes on my Titan (its a single exhaust and I don't want to go to duels at all) and I would like some recommendations on a good tip that dumps near the same spot as the stock tip does.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I guess Im being about as clear as mud right now, lol. Let me see if this helps.

All I changed was the muffler on mines and put a 3 inch tip on the stock pipe. 40 series and if I remember the inlet was in the middle and the outlet was either on the left or right but wasn't in the middle to meet up with my stock exhaust tailpipe. They all will fit, just go to a muffler shop and see what they have to give you your satisfaction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2004 Titan se 4x4. Blacked out rims, hids, tints etc.

My friend has a flow master muffler (40 series I think) and a bunch of steel piping laying around his shop, for a cheap price he said he'll weld me up a nice dual custom catback with the flow master muffler. What do u guys think?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts