Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been doing alot of reading and ive decided to go with the flowmaster 40 but my question is am i just doing a direct muffler swap, keeping the stock single out pipe or should i get a dual in dual out pipes??

and if im just keeping a single pipe going out should it be the stock size or go bigger??

thanks

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
I have the FM-40 series, single 3" in and a duel 3" out to 4" tips...Sounds awesome as hell !!!!!! Good luck !!!
The cut it just past the "Y" and increased it to 3" pipes.....
Sounds like a "MONSTER" is trying to get outta the "BEAST" !!!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
You have an 07 so you would need to get a muffler with dual in and either single out or dual out.Factory is dual in single out.Talk with Aquaholic he has a 07 with the dual in flowmaster 50 and he loves it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I couldn't find a dual in/adual out 40 series so I went with a Magnaflow. It is an 11" case and it is as loud as a 40 series but doen't have the flowaster sound of course. I am happy with it so far, but I have only had it on for a day and I just had the windows tinted so I haven't been able to roll them down to really hear how it sounds. I felt the 50/70 series DI/DO would be too quiet for me and not much louder than factory. I actually liked the sound of the factory muff at idle, but too quiet when on the silly pedal.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
check out my sig for sound clips... i have the 07, exhaust cut off about 18 inches in front of factory muffler, flowmaster super 40 dual in dual out (2.5 inch) with 2.5 inch pipes to 4 inch rolled tips... also secondary cats gutted (4wd only..)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts