Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jay Leno’s Garage was visited by Flowmaster Mufflers. They go over the different Flowmaster mufflers and answer a lot of technical exhaust questions about the traditional chambered cancelation muffler and the Hushpower absorption muffler designs. Find out what drives us to deliver products that increase power and sound great. Along the way you’ll get to see Jay flogging on his Hushpower equipped 572 Big Block Chevy powered ’55 Buick Roadmaster.

Check out the Video on JayLenosGarage.com. (link)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not much to say about the thread, but damn that 572 BB is beautiful!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Dynomoronameter LOL! 1min. 32sec. in the Video.

My Titan picked up .2 swapping from Flowmaster 40 to a Magnaflow.

What happened to the SS series mufflers? The steel one's i had rusted out the exhaust side end cap after 3 years.

If the Huspower (Bullet Style) muller was not so expensive i would swap out my duel Magnaflow 14" mufflers for them.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

What happened to the SS series mufflers? The steel one's i had rusted out the exhaust side end cap after 3 years.

If the Huspower (Bullet Style) muller was not so expensive i would swap out my duel Magnaflow 14" mufflers for them.
Hey Titan,
Did you have a complete Flowmaster exhaust system on your Titan, or did you add Flowmasters mufflers?

The only complete systems we offer for your truck are made completely of 409S Stainless Steel and would not rust like that. All the 409S systems come with a 10 year warranty. Since it did rust out, it must have been one of our aluminized steel mufflers which comes with a 3 year warranty. Do you still have your catalytic converters installed? Without them the exhaust gets loaded up with a lot more condensation than with converters and can rust out an exhaust system in a hurry.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Hey Titan,
Did you have a complete Flowmaster exhaust system on your Titan, or did you add Flowmasters mufflers?

The only complete systems we offer for your truck are made completely of 409S Stainless Steel and would not rust like that. All the 409S systems come with a 10 year warranty. Since it did rust out, it must have been one of our aluminized steel mufflers which comes with a 3 year warranty. Do you still have your catalytic converters installed? Without them the exhaust gets loaded up with a lot more condensation than with converters and can rust out an exhaust system in a hurry.
I went from running 15.1 with flowmaster and stock Y pipe to a 14.55 with magnaflow and flowmaster Y pipe. You guys do make a good Y merge collector:)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Hey Titan,

The ones that rusted out were on my old Chevy's, just mufflers. I swapped to a 07 exhaust and Magnaflow Muffler's not long after i bought my Titan.

Did you get my reply to your PM?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Never replied to my PM.

That is bad for business when you offer up products and never respond to the reply PM's.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

Just get a Dynomax Bullet Muffler then...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts