Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just installed a series 10 flowmaster muffler on my truck today its the dual piping to a y pipe then to the single in single out muffler. The muffler then leads to a 3" pipe with a 3" tip and i want a deeper more aggressive sound
im going to get rid of 2 of the 4 cats will this make much of a difference?

and if you guys can't help thanks for looking anyways haha
here is the vid check it out! thanks

YouTube - Nissan titan! Series 10 race muffler

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hey everyone I just installed a series 10 flowmaster muffler on my truck today its the dual piping to a y pipe then to the single in single out muffler. The muffler then leads to a 3" pipe with a 3" tip and i want a deeper more aggressive sound

I think that just blew up my pc speakers! The video doesnt do it justice at all i bet. Ive been thinkin bout running my current exhaust system with that muffler. Hows it perform?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its sweet loud as **** but not deep the guy at the muffler shop said it had to do with my four cats and by taking two of them out will make a difference so tomorrow i get it done and ill post a new video i used to have a super 44 installed just muffler swap and with this new one on people sure do know when im coming up
and i haven't seen any loss of power it actually seems to have helped with power i have a aem brute force cold air too so that might help out a bit

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey how can i set up my profile like you where it says all the stuff ive done to my truck under my posts

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Awesome, I've thought about getting this muffler a bunch of times, but afraid it's going to be too loud with my dumped setup. How's the drone compared to the super 44?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Awesome, I've thought about getting this muffler a bunch of times, but afraid it's going to be too loud with my dumped setup. How's the drone compared to the super 44?
If it's too loud, you're too old :D The drone couldn't be any worse than a bullet that is dumped. If you have it going out the back, you shouldn't have too much in cabin noise.

Reactions: hossandahalf

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
If it's too loud, you're too old :D The drone couldn't be any worse than a bullet that is dumped. If you have it going out the back, you shouldn't have too much in cabin noise.
I'm actually not worried about the volume, just that the drone is worse than the Super 44 due to the fact that my family already wants to kill me on loud highway trips :lol:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you crack the windows a bit, the drone goes away some.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have them on my truck, its sick! Sets off car alarms and literally got me banned from a parking garage lol.

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
423 Posts
removing rear cats won't make it deeper...it'll make it louder and more nasty, and not it a good way. I installed bullets in place of the rear cats to smooth out the sound again....still flows like straight pipe, but the sound is smoother with the bullets in place. good luck!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya so what really the bullets exactly because its just obnoxious now? And will putting my super 44 muffler in place of this one sound better?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Let me see if this works from my phone....here's a video of mine with a 2 chamber generic flowmaster (basically a 40 series) with and without bullets.....

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what bullets should I buy and then I put them where the rear cats go?

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
sounds sick brutha

·
Registered
423 Posts
d
So what bullets should I buy and then I put them where the rear cats go?
I got mine from summitracing.com (jegs.com is good too) for around $40 each....2.25" inlet and outlet, 16" long I believe. And yep, that's what I did...mine are right where the rear cats use to be. After that video was made, I ended up having all new 2.5" pipe ran from just after the front cats all the way back to the muffler, with the bullets welded in around where the rear cats used to be because one of the bullets was rattling against the crossmember. It'll still work with the factory pipe, but my exhaust guy didn't leave enough room so it worked out to my advantage...he replaced all the pipe for free, and I opted for larger 2.5".

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just keep in mind that right now, you have all 4 cats...when you remove the rear cats, it'll make it louder/nastier/less "smooth"...then by adding the bullets, it will smooth out the sound and quieten it down and probably end up somewhere close to where you're at right now as far as sound goes...might still be a little louder than it is with all 4 cats, not sure.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts

Thanks for posting the video! Nice truck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts