Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
that's basically what I have (just different brand) and I have not heard any titan louder than mine. This exits before the rear axle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I have the flowmaster original 40 on my titan with stock 3" exhaust and I think that it sounds really good. The muffler was only 126 installed and I had it come out at a 45 behind the tire for a sleek look. I also had a 3 1/2" stainless tip put on there also and it was 50 for it. I couldn't afford the banks exhaust and like I said it has a good deep tone to it when driving but it isn't overpowering at highway speed. I hope this helps cause I think that mine is a single chamber also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigkato said:
I have the flowmaster original 40 on my titan with stock 3" exhaust and I think that it sounds really good. The muffler was only 126 installed and I had it come out at a 45 behind the tire for a sleek look. I also had a 3 1/2" stainless tip put on there also and it was 50 for it. I couldn't afford the banks exhaust and like I said it has a good deep tone to it when driving but it isn't overpowering at highway speed. I hope this helps cause I think that mine is a single chamber also.
If you have a 40 series that would be a dual chamber
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FoxDelta, do you have any sound clips of your setup?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Titan5683 said:
FoxDelta, do you have any sound clips of your setup?
I don't but I'm gonna get the video camera out and make an "exhaust movie" :huh: at least you can hear it that way :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I used to have the flowmaster race muffler on my dodge ram and it sounded really good. It was very loud, and turned lots of heads. But it is to loud inside of the cab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fox Delta said:
I don't but I'm gonna get the video camera out and make an "exhaust movie" :huh: at least you can hear it that way :jester:
Alright, cool!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
i am trying to research all the posts before asking this question but anyway, i will go ahead and ask: is it better to have single muffler or dual muffler set-up? i have duals from the cats back and i believe i have lost alot of low end get up. sounds good but doesn't mean squat when you are getting waxed!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,715 Posts
blackjack 7 said:
i am trying to research all the posts before asking this question but anyway, i will go ahead and ask: is it better to have single muffler or dual muffler set-up? i have duals from the cats back and i believe i have lost alot of low end get up. sounds good but doesn't mean squat when you are getting waxed!!
That's a hard question to answer because there is
an infinite number of configurations that could be tried.
I don't know if anyone has experimented enough with
true duals to know what is the best pipe size to use.
The evidence that I have seen seems to indicate
that 2.5" pipes (before muffler) are too large.....2.25" may
still be too large with true duals.
I don't think the true potential of true
duals has been fully explored because it is guess
work & costs money. Most people probably rather go
with a tested system such as JBA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
this is the single chamber Cherry Bomb "extreme" single chamber with the windows open

very basic stuff -- I'm not a videographer!
Fd

from top to bottom
1. cold crank
2. cold accel
3. Locked in first gear - you can hear the decel
4. after it's warm full throttle first to second shift
5. Normal driving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Pu_tbYyGk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZBQdxLF3WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLg4w7HCjOo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG1p5qG-uH4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAPV7xXG08o
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
My freind has one on a z71 its pretty loud but not nearly as bad as straight pipes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Has any one put one on there Titan or heard a Titan with one of these mufflers on it? I am considering this for my truck.
Flowmaster 9430109 - Flowmaster Delta Force One Chamber Race Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com
I actually have the single chamber flowmasters on my 08 Titan. I am running true duals with 2 single chamber flowmasters and its really loud but with the windows up its really not that bad. At highway speeds and even on the interstate the sound is very tolerable. Its a little raspy at around 4000 RPMs and up but thats about it. Ill try and get a video on here shortly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top