Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found an old flowmaster 40 series in my shed was wondering if their was anyone in socal with a welder who wouldn mind helpin me put it on i live in vista so the closer the better thanks

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Bring it over and i'll weld it up in there for free. I'm in IL is that too far?............................................................Sorry that wasn't funny was it?

·
Registered
423 Posts
a shop should only charge around $20 just to cut one out and weld one in...at least that's what the shop i use would charge...not sure about those CA prices. LOL

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
a shop should only charge around $20 just to cut one out and weld one in...at least that's what the shop i use would charge...not sure about those CA prices. LOL
I would've done this about 1 day after no responses here. Thats me though 'cause i'm not a person of patience. A muffler shop will do it relatively cheap and fast. It'll be done right too(depending where u go).:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok gents so did some looking around the cheapest was 45 to weld it on then i found a shop who said they would cut the old ones off and put 2 flowmaster 40s on it for 175 so i did that and it sounds great

·
Registered
423 Posts
That's an excellent price considering flowmasters cost roughly $80 each last time I looked without any labor...are they actual flowmasters or an off brand? That's what I have, made by imco and has the same design...cost $35 for my dual in/dual out 2 chamber. Did you get turndowns or have them run duals out the back? Reason I ask, is that's about what I paid for my setup which is the $35 muffler (one) and duals out the back with tips...so it sounds like you got a great deal if they're name brand with duals.

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah their name brand say flowmaster right on them and i got the turn downs
ahh, ok then....i had mine like that for a little while and the drone was unbearable. added the tail pipes out the back and was way better and had a smoother sound too. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts