Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the new Flowmaster Kit installed this past Friday.

How is this for a surprise? I am in Nashville on Thursday picking up some friends at the airport for some work we had to do down in Lynchburg, TN for the Jack Daniels BBQ contest. As we are waiting at the baggage claim a big box gets dropped out of the oversize area. My Buddy takes me over and rips open the box to show me the new exhaust system that he pickup for me.

It is the new Flowmaster complete kit for the Titan. My Buddy lives in Santa Rosa, CA and is friends with the owner and multiple folks at the company. He got me the actual system they were using for the R&D. Not sure how long before they are shipping production kits.

I am more than happy with the sound. Very nice sound at idle and acceleration and at highway speed no drone.

As far as "Spinning the tires with VDC". If I stomp on it they chirp and then VDC kicks in. I have noticed that the top end seems to have lost the dead spot in the power band durring the last 1500 RPM's that the original exhaust had.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thats a great score. Post some pictures if you can.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will post pictures once I get a chance. Currently on the road trying to make some $$$$$$

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dual exit or single? More info!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The kit includes a dual 2 1/2" Y adapter with a single 3" output. The muffler is a series 70 with single 3" input and dual 2 1/2" outputs with rear exiting pipes. I will have pictures in the next couple of days once I get back in town.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks, I wonder how long it will take for them to get it out for sale to the public.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Awesome! Luckily, I'm about 15 min away from the production facility (I live on the other side of town :D )
Awesome place! Glad to see you got a free exhaust! :gunz:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
can you spin you tires with vdc on, from a dead stop thats all I want to know??

and its interesting all the aftermarket sets are using 3" outlet pipes

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
you need larger tips though--they look way too small for such a large ttruck--how do you like it--can you spin the wheels ( I keep asking as this is my by the seat dyno test--lol)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
LikeaRock14 said:
Awesome! Luckily, I'm about 15 min away from the production facility (I live on the other side of town :D )
Awesome place! Glad to see you got a free exhaust! :gunz:
You do live in a great place. Northern Cal is awsome!!!!

I need to throw out a plug for my boy. He is the Co-owner of Tex Wasabi's, Johnny Garlics, and Russell Ramsay's Chop House.

We have this one up thing going. He is currently on the Pole Position, for now.

Tell'em Mustard sent ya.

·
Registered
188 Posts
do you think they do multiple tests on which set up is better? the y pipe seems constricting and the 2 1/2 out seems like to much. i would expect a loss in low end. did you notice anything in the higher rpms? i noticed gains with the sammy set up which seem to go across the board. i have a k&N and air box mod though. but there wasnt much before the exhaust, just after.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All I can say is the bottom end still feels good and the top end feels better, and I love the sound.

·
Registered
55 Posts
BullDawg said:

Both those places kick ***!!! (not trying to whore, sorry)

We've been going to Garlics forever, that place is sooo good. The one in Windsor was still our usual one to go to, even though Farmers was closer, lol?
We went to Ramsey's about 2 weeks after it reopened after the burn. Had one of the best steaks ever there :readclose A bit pricey, but still damn good food.

But yeah, Northern CA is an awesome place to be. Weather's generally great, and I have Flowmaster right across the hill :gunz:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did the air box mod tonight and it made even more of a difference on the top end. Pulls harder right up to the shift.

·
Registered
312 Posts
So when is it going to be on the market?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
StumpZ said:
Thanks, I wonder how long it will take for them to get it out for sale to the public.

I talked with Flowmaster today and they said it should be out in the next 3-4 weeks.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts