Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is this red fluid along the side of my titan, and originating from somewhere in the wheel well. At first I thought brake fluid since all I here is nothing but bad things about the brakes but I cant seem to find a leak. It is only happening when I am driving down the road since it is all down the drivers side of the truck. Second guess is transmission fluid because of the color as well. I cant seem to find a leak near the transmission either. Anyone else have this problem and is it something that I am going to get the run around from the dealer tomorrow?:confused:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
If this has happened more than once go get it checked out ASAP, it sounds like trans fluid. If the underside of the wheelwell has the same fluid but nothing on the inside or outside of the tire you only ran through something on the road. I have not looked closely at the power steering fluid in my truck but some are red, its a dye to show leaks, you may have to pull the skid plate to be sure.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No issues, it must of been something I picked up off the road. Oh, btw it was grease, not atm fluid or brake fluid. I thought I might have torn a boot or busted a ball joint but the dealer said everything was intact.:clap:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
2 common causes.

1) Stock Transmition Hose line leak.
2) Overfilled front diff draining out the overflow tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts