Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - I'd like to do this soon - a FM50 or 70? I'll be having a kid shortly too so not too loud. But i want a difference from stock! lol What would I need for both? I want dual in single out. using the factory pipe out the end. Size etc. I think i've been reading the 50 is louder than the 70.....sound wise better? low tones and not raspy like a thrush glass pack? I don't want that

·
Registered
761 Posts
the 50 is amazazing. Just installed one about a month ago and love it. Was in the same situation - wanted a louder exhaust, but not to loud. Sometimes I wish it was louder. You can tell it is different then stock, but not a 40 series by any means.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
i have the 50, it sounds really nice, inside its pretty quiet, like mentioned^^^I wish i was louder. Outside its pretty loud, and sounds smooth and deep. no pop or drone either.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 50 is amazazing. Just installed one about a month ago and love it. Was in the same situation - wanted a louder exhaust, but not to loud. Sometimes I wish it was louder. You can tell it is different then stock, but not a 40 series by any means.
I see in your mods list you did the fm50 - which one? I have an 07 with duals then single out. And you gutted your 2nd set of cats - please inform me of it!! Did you just "gut" them or remove them and place a piece of pipe? Send a sound clip sometime of your setup :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
I see in your mods list you did the fm50 - which one? I have an 07 with duals then single out. And you gutted your 2nd set of cats - please inform me of it!! Did you just "gut" them or remove them and place a piece of pipe? Send a sound clip sometime of your setup :)
Took the B-pipes off and they found out what a crow bar is. Then welded on a 2.25/2.5 MF Y-pipe into a FM50 series 2.5/2.5 single in single out and dumped it before the axle.

I will try and get some sound clips later in the week.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the B-pipes off and they found out what a crow bar is. Then welded on a 2.25/2.5 MF Y-pipe into a FM50 series 2.5/2.5 single in single out and dumped it before the axle.

I will try and get some sound clips later in the week.
Great! The way I want mine - I think they changed it in 07 with true duals coming back with 4 cats dual in / single out. I think i might go with the FM50 delta flow.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the 70 on my truck from the flowmaster american thunder kit, I think im going to change it to a 50 series. Its a touch louder than stock, but not much.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sorry guy, I keep forgetting to snag the camera from the wifes purse. I promise I will get the clips today or tomorrow

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guy, I keep forgetting to snag the camera from the wifes purse. I promise I will get the clips today or tomorrow
no hurry - lol still saving up to do this

·
Registered
761 Posts
was cheap for me:

B-pipe fix - couple bucks in new bolts
MF Y-Pipe - 24.99 + free shipping
FM 50 series - $96 shipped
Welding - $10 rental fee - Exhaust shop wanted $175 to weld up and install everything.

so $121 + how ever much you want to spend to weld up.

Cold start:

In-Cab idle:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got the 50 suv dido about 2 weeks ago and its great. Its just a little louder than stock, but when you get on freeways and pass, the sound is defiantly there.

·
Registered
761 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Usually for the Titans, 2004-2007 are the same. I think 2008/2008.5 is where it starts to change and you need to work on compatability.
Anyone know that for sure?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Anyone know that for sure?
Just crawl under the truck and look. The earlier Titan's have one pipe coming into the muffler from the engine. The newer ones are dual pipes coming into the muffler. I am almost certain the 2008 is when the change happened, but it may have not started until the 2008.5 update to the Titans. Either way, you have an 07, so I am betting you have one exhaust pipe going into the muffler. Unless of course it has been modified at some point in the past.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ok - I'd like to do this soon - a FM50 or 70? I'll be having a kid shortly too so not too loud. But i want a difference from stock! lol What would I need for both? I want dual in single out. using the factory pipe out the end. Size etc. I think i've been reading the 50 is louder than the 70.....sound wise better? low tones and not raspy like a thrush glass pack? I don't want that
Yea I have the 50 but its dual in dual out. My kid loves it btw first day leaving the hospital he was screamin.. Heard the truck and was quiet then fell right to sleep hes 7 mos now. Anyways the 50 is perfect for me sounds good at all rpms isnt too loud and doesnt have the cis sound at all

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just crawl under the truck and look. The earlier Titan's have one pipe coming into the muffler from the engine. The newer ones are dual pipes coming into the muffler. I am almost certain the 2008 is when the change happened, but it may have not started until the 2008.5 update to the Titans. Either way, you have an 07, so I am betting you have one exhaust pipe going into the muffler. Unless of course it has been modified at some point in the past.
Mine is a dual in single out. 07 off Road. I guess they changed it in 07 to true duals

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so would a kit work then for an 06 on an 07? just putting in the y pipe for single in? and wouldn't from the back of the muffler to the tail pipe be the same? if i bought that kit for an 06 would the dual bent exhaust fit in an 07 is what i'm trying to figure out?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts