Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, new guy here. I live in the Yukon way up in northwestern Canada. I'm a heavy equipment operator in the mining industry (gold and silver).

Just picked up an 08 KC Pro4X. My first Titan, but third Nissan (wife drives a Max).

Not much for mods yet, just picked up some 10" Lightforce which I'll install this week. Gotta see those moose on the road before it's too late!

Our winters are long, dark and cold, so it will be interesting to see how the Titan performs. I've started our Maxima at -50 C (-58 F) and even with heaters under a tarp for a couple hours, it was nasty. Thankfully the Titan is an automatic and there's no clutch that needs to be depressed to start the vehicle.

The forum looks great, with a lot of good info. I'll end my first post with a picture of our local fox checking out the new ride... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Welcome to TT, I like your pet fox. I see the Pro4x has fender flairs, I like them.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Great first pix! Welcome to TT! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like your choice in colors and the fox. I am curious to see how your Titan performs in the extreme climate changes that you experience up yonder. I think you will be very happy with your decision. Good luck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome to Titantalk.

I recently got back from a fishing/canoeing trip to Northern Ontario and couldn't believe how many more wolves were around compared to past years. When you’re in a tent and at 3:30 in the morning you are awakened to them howling from less than a 100 yards away kinda makes the hair on the back of your neck standup.

I live in the very Northeast part of New York State and last year while the winter was mild we did have one cold morning (-18 deg F/-28 deg C) where I started my Titan with no problems. If it was routinely going to be that cold I would invest in a block heater.

I hope you enjoy your Titan, I like the color also, as we all know silver is the fastest! LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :)

thclimer said:
If it was routinely going to be that cold I would invest in a block heater.

I hope you enjoy your Titan, I like the color also, as we all know silver is the fastest! LOL
My Titan came with a block heater, and oil pan heater. I'll be putting "Alaska pads" under the battery and on the transmission pan. I'll also need to get some winter front panels for the grill - you know it's cold when you're driving on the highway for 6 hours and cold air is coming out of the vents while your wife is sitting in the passenger's seat in a down sleeping bag! lol

lmao @ ProFo-X package

·
Registered
75 Posts
That fox has good taste :lol:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
That is one foxy looking truck! Welcome! This site is like the magic 8-ball of Titan info. Just ask, and ye shall be served! :lol:

Let us know how it performs in the extreme conditions!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts