Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one goes out to tech12/p-dizzle/anyone who knows audio:
Can you put foam in a box with two 12 inch Rockford Fosgate P1 Punch?
its an under the back seat box that i am fiberglassing at the moment, but while the subs were out i would like to put some foam in there so that the bass is more controlled and not so damn loud, it kicks my *** every day lol :boxing: i have heard that if u foam a box and the subs put out heat, it will catch fire, and i would like to avoid that :) thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
This one goes out to tech12/p-dizzle/anyone who knows audio:
Can you put foam in a box with two 12 inch Rockford Fosgate P1 Punch?
its an under the back seat box that i am fiberglassing at the moment, but while the subs were out i would like to put some foam in there so that the bass is more controlled and not so damn loud, it kicks my *** every day lol :boxing: i have heard that if u foam a box and the subs put out heat, it will catch fire, and i would like to avoid that :) thanks!

i need a little more info on this faom process?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha i thought this was kinda common in audio..
well from what i understand u take the foam found in like tempurpedic pillows or the foam u can buy in big blocks, put it into your box and cut it so the subs will have a few inches of airspace, but it fills up the rest of the box making it more toned, im tired of my bass being stupid gangster loud lol i want more focused hard hitting and not so much vibrational bass.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
haha i thought this was kinda common in audio..
well from what i understand u take the foam found in like tempurpedic pillows or the foam u can buy in big blocks, put it into your box and cut it so the subs will have a few inches of airspace, but it fills up the rest of the box making it more toned, im tired of my bass being stupid gangster loud lol i want more focused hard hitting and not so much vibrational bass.
Foam or polyfill? The foam thing is new to me. pliyfill makes the sub see a larger enclosure . Never heard of the foam thing.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well ill show u if i can do it.
what im asking is do the P1's put out heat from the bottom that could possibly cause a fire?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
ok well ill show u if i can do it.
what im asking is do the P1's put out heat from the bottom that could possibly cause a fire?
I am sorry but isnt foam going to take up airspace.Im sure you need every inch of airspace you can get
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
isnt the point to take up airspace lol
doesnt it make the hits more focused and less just rumble..
like i said im no expert, but im pretty much over everything in my car rattling all teh time, i want my bass to hit hard and not just vibrate everything ya kno?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
I have the total opposite of what speaker you have, I have the T2 12", and is doesnt take much at all to rattle things,especially the sunglass holders above on the roof are bad, but once I put some dynamat in my truck it stopped alot of the rattling. Hey tech12 couldnt he just tune his amp and h/u differently for it to sound like he wants it to?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Dom249 said:
I have the total opposite of what speaker you have, I have the T2 12", and is doesnt take much at all to rattle things,especially the sunglass holders above on the roof are bad, but once I put some dynamat in my truck it stopped alot of the rattling. Hey tech12 couldnt he just tune his amp and h/u differently for it to sound like he wants it to?
Yes i would think so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
Hey jonny question for you. Is the bass you want to get out your subs low hard hitting bass or high? I know the punches being they arent to big of subs, they mostly hit high bass and they dont have to much low bass.From what I know of rf the p1 and p2's dont hit much lows, mostly high bass depending on what enclosure you have them in.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i will give an example of the bass i want.
my budies truck has 3 tens behind his back seat, and whenever it hits it feels like someone pushed on my seat inthe front passenger/drivers

my bass when it hits, makes the outside mirrors and the rearview mirror vibrate like crazy on the same song.

so i dont kno if that helps but there u go lol thats what i want to go for :)
dont get me wrong i like my subs, but i want a different sound out of them.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
like i dont want so much BHWAHHA BO0OoM
just more Boom. Boom
haha terible example but that is how my buddy explained it to me :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
jus curious, what type of amp you have on your subs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
well i will give an example of the bass i want.
my budies truck has 3 tens behind his back seat, and whenever it hits it feels like someone pushed on my seat inthe front passenger/drivers

my bass when it hits, makes the outside mirrors and the rearview mirror vibrate like crazy on the same song.

so i dont kno if that helps but there u go lol thats what i want to go for :)
dont get me wrong i like my subs, but i want a different sound out of them.
What kind of a setup does your friend have and are his sub boxes foamed inside? Just curios cause I'm starting from scratch and I would love to get the same effect your buddy has.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
First of all, look on your amp and see if it has a bass boost. If it does and its turned up turn it off, that should fix it. If not I'd turn down your gains a bit.

Maybe if you send us pics of your setup we can help you more.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok well i turned my bass boost off.
but the thing is, my subs are out while i fiberglass my box lol so i cant test it.
i will ask my buddy who lives in Villa Park to send me some pictures of his set-up and some of the detail. i will take pictures of my amp so u guys can help me, very informative thanks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,808 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
ok well i turned my bass boost off.
but the thing is, my subs are out while i fiberglass my box lol so i cant test it.
i will ask my buddy who lives in Villa Park to send me some pictures of his set-up and some of the detail. i will take pictures of my amp so u guys can help me, very informative thanks!!!
Thats cool!

I hope that fixes it. Bass boost sucks!! haha
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha well i hope it helps too :)
now i just need new door speakers.
diamond or boston here i come haha!!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top