Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed silverstar ultra high and low beams. I love them but now have low quality fog lights. What have people done to upgrade fog light bulbs? They don't make silverstar 899 fogs for our trucks. I have read other places that the 893 fog light will work. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
161,019 Posts
07titanbullys said:
I just installed silverstar ultra high and low beams. I love them but now have low quality fog lights. What have people done to upgrade fog light bulbs? They don't make silverstar 899 fogs for our trucks. I have read other places that the 893 fog light will work. Any suggestions?
I had SilverStars in my fogs for a while. They didn't last but a couple of months, AND they burned the lens.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey 07titanbullys how do you like the Ultras, are they really much brighter and whiter then the regular Silverstars. I'm thinking about uinstalling them.

·
Super Moderator
161,019 Posts
guls said:
Hey 07titanbullys how do you like the Ultras, are they really much brighter and whiter then the regular Silverstars. I'm thinking about uinstalling them.
They aren't that much brighter, if any. The are quite a bit whiter, and that makes a big difference and makes them worth it in the headlights. IMHO. I just can't recommend them in the fog housings.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like them but don't know if it is worth the money. I especially don't like the difference in looks from the fog lights to the high and low beams. I am looking for a way to make the fogs look the same. In the end I will end up buying 6 bilbs and for some people they burn out fast.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I'm posting this for info & not making any recommendation.
There are several fog light bulbs in the 800 series that
fit a Titan. The most powerful of the 800 series fog light
bulbs is the 885 bulb because it is 50 watts. I have been
using the 885 bulb for two years with no heat damage, but
I do not drive with the fog lights on at all times.
Once again I am not recommending the 885, use it at
your own risk.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a question about fog lights. I got the XE and no fogs. It's been raining for over a week and I ain't crawled under my truck. So, I assume the wiring harness is there in place. Or, do I have to tie in somewhere else? :huh:
Yes I did mess up by not reading up on the differences in the models. All the salesmen knew is they wanted to sell me a truck with leather and sound system, both of which I can live without. When they said they had a 2007 demo for $17,000, I took it. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an 07 SE and I baught the aftermarket kit from courtesy nissan parts. All my wires were already there. Very easy install and well worth it!!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that only the SE's are pre-wired. Just look under the bumper for wiring harness and you'll have the answer you need!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ahh yes, the Sun came out today. I got my plastic exercise mat, and crawled up under BigT. Oh my gosh, there are no wires for FogLights in a 2007 XE. Now if someone will check an LE. So much for the cheap way to fog lights. :fu:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Yes you can run about any 800 series bulb in the fog assembly. Be careful the wattage you run cause they will burn out quickly and melt. I started off running HID's and they were just way to bright for my taste. Plus i didnt like the cycling on and off when turning my brights on. So now i am running Hella yellow fog halogen bulbs and i LOVE them. They look really good with the 4300K HID lowbeams. White on top, yellow on bottom. If anyone is wondering why yellow......well there are essentially the best light color for bad conditions.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
BrokeRecord said:
Ahh yes, the Sun came out today. I got my plastic exercise mat, and crawled up under BigT. Oh my gosh, there are no wires for FogLights in a 2007 XE. Now if someone will check an LE. So much for the cheap way to fog lights. :fu:
yeah the XE is bare-bones

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
For XE Owners:

I went to the dealer and got the right kind of pin, to hook into one of the + outputs for foglights, inside the IPDM. (That is the only tricky part. I do not have that part number. The part was in an assortment box of parts the mechanics have access to).

I ran a ground at the body, near the passenger side hood hinge. This being done with a simple harness I made myself from some 14 ga. wire and loom. I used the GMC Connector at the other end to plug right onto the OEM Foglights.

I installed the stalk and lights from Nissan.

I now have an OEM Style Foglight system with OEM stalk, and wiring almost exactly like OEM. No extra relays needed, as I'm using the OEM power distribution. Works great! Looks factory!

Yes, I need to fully document wire lengths and post pics so this becomes a piece of cake for everyone, like it really is. Once you grab power in the IPDM, the rest is so easy, I was surprised.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
BrokeRecord said:
Check an LE? For what? The fogs are standard equipment on the LE. No need to screw around. :rollingey

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
roy365 said:
Yes you can run about any 800 series bulb in the fog assembly. Be careful the wattage you run cause they will burn out quickly and melt. I started off running HID's and they were just way to bright for my taste. Plus i didnt like the cycling on and off when turning my brights on. So now i am running Hella yellow fog halogen bulbs and i LOVE them. They look really good with the 4300K HID lowbeams. White on top, yellow on bottom. If anyone is wondering why yellow......well there are essentially the best light color for bad conditions.

I just swapped out the stock bulbs for Ultras and they are fantastic. I'm looking for a brighter fog light bulb and would love to see any pics you may have with your setup lit up.

Any possibility of getting pics or suggestions from other members? I gotta see if i can get my fogs up to par with the SS Ultras without "burning" the fog lenses.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts