Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I decided to get the OEM foglights...I'm reading thru the manual but when I try to get them to "snap" into place they don't...I pushed pretty hard and no "snap"...I was just wondering if any of you that already installed had any problems. I can get to install the nut in the back but it doesn't seem like that will hold it well, looks like it will move with road vibration.

any help/ideas appreciated.

also got the hood wind deflector...easy install and looks good :)

thanks.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Alekz said:
ok, so I decided to get the OEM foglights...I'm reading thru the manual but when I try to get them to "snap" into place they don't...I pushed pretty hard and no "snap"...I was just wondering if any of you that already installed had any problems. I can get to install the nut in the back but it doesn't seem like that will hold it well, looks like it will move with road vibration.

any help/ideas appreciated.

also got the hood wind deflector...easy install and looks good :)

thanks.
If you don't snap them all the way in they will come out. That one screw bolt doesn't do very much at 80 mph. And youre right, they will probably vibrate making the drivers in front of you very pissed off when the light keeps hitting their mirror at night. Make sure you are mounting the R on the passenger and the L on the driver sides, you have to really push. I heard two snaps on each lamp, one for each of those push-in tabs. you can lay under the truck with your head in the bumper and see perfectly behind the lamp, watch the two posts go in and snap. Then crank that nut down pretty hard.
The hardest part of the install is the new control stick by the steering wheel.

·
Registered
495 Posts
pciley said:
Make sure you are mounting the R on the passenger and the L on the driver sides, you have to really push. .
From all the stuff I bought before for other cars, it's always been the other way around. I guess this one is different. Thanks, I'll install mine soon and it's good to know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
pciley said:
If you don't snap them all the way in they will come out. That one screw bolt doesn't do very much at 80 mph. And youre right, they will probably vibrate making the drivers in front of you very pissed off when the light keeps hitting their mirror at night. Make sure you are mounting the R on the passenger and the L on the driver sides, you have to really push. I heard two snaps on each lamp, one for each of those push-in tabs. you can lay under the truck with your head in the bumper and see perfectly behind the lamp, watch the two posts go in and snap. Then crank that nut down pretty hard.
Curious if i should read some other threads but does the control stick come with the kit or do you have to pay extra? Also how hard is it to change the control stick?

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
92 Posts
fog light install

I installed my fog lights about a week ago, it seems like simple instructions, be very careful pushing them into those white gromets that come with the kit. The small flat piece that accepts the adjustment screw is very flimsy. I actually broke it off and had to get a plastic welder to fix it. I was told that if you lube the gromets first they should push in fine. It was a little awkward but I actually pulled the light from the housing, and snapped it in, then attached the light to it and then installed the adjustment screw, with spring, and tightened down. The control stick is surprising simple. That only took about 10-15 minutes. That was the easiest part of the install. If you have any questions, let me know. Glad to help.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Had fogs installed at the dealer today. Got a discount because they owed me for a problem on delivery day. They wiggle alittle to the touch. Checked the Xterra we have, same way. My old 2002 Frontier did not. Whats up, does anyone elses move?

·
Registered
92 Posts
wiggle???

FLfinfan said:
Had fogs installed at the dealer today. Got a discount because they owed me for a problem on delivery day. They wiggle alittle to the touch. Checked the Xterra we have, same way. My old 2002 Frontier did not. Whats up, does anyone elses move?
I dont think your dealer installed them correctly...they shouldnt move at all. You should be able to get under the front end and look up. See if the 2 prongs are in the white grommets that he had to install to put the lights in. There is a stud that is on the foglight housing that you put a 5mm nut on and that is what holds the housing in place. The 2 grommetted pcs stop the light "wiggling"....light should not move..if it does something is wrong..

gb

·
Registered
267 Posts
Zombie thread Batman!

Do they come out the same way?? I have to replace my OEM plastic ones and they are not being very cooperative coming out after I removed that one little nut on the back. Should they just "pop" out like they pop in??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Zombie thread Batman!

Do they come out the same way?? I have to replace my OEM plastic ones and they are not being very cooperative coming out after I removed that one little nut on the back. Should they just "pop" out like they pop in??
Okay, yes. :lol: I stabbed it with a screwdriver from behind and it shot out across the driveway. :hi:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts