Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHITE IPDM FOG LIGHT ONLY MOD - THIS MOD ALLOWS YOU TO HAVE THE FOG LIGHTS ON WITHOUT THE HEADLIGHTS. DELETES USE OF THE FOG ON/OFF SWITCH AND MAKES THE PARKING LIGHTS THE NEW SWITCH

Easy,safe,and circuit protected how to
?
?

Need to buy 2 mini add-a-fuse circuits

Cut one butt connector off and attach that wire to the butt connector to the other one.

Add 2 fuses to one of the add-a-fuse holders and 1 fuse to the wire side of the other add-a-fuse holder

Pull taillamp fuse in ipdm (5 over from the right) and pull the fog lamp fuse (top right)

Install double fuse holder into the taillamp fuse spot with the wire facing down (so if fuse blows it stops power to the accessories)

Install single fuse to the fog lamp fuse spot with the wire facing up.

turn parking lights on and enjoy your new fogs only

YOUR DONE - ENJOY
?
?
?

Pics in order

Attachments

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Sweet! I need to do this once i get the rigids in the fog light spot.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm still rock'n the stock fogs also:big_grin: To be honest they actually do a good job in really foggy conditions, as there is no "back-scatter" and they light the edges of the road below the fog. Really, that's how a fog light is suppose to work, right? I'd love to keep the same beam "pattern", but have it add another 8-12 feet of throw, and another 5-8 feet of width on each side. That kind of pattern still should minimize any back-scatter concerns and also not make you night vision to "near sighted" with to much foreground lighting driving at night. Anyways......You guys were great with my Bilstein 5100 purchase, so any chance you could throw this up on your site as a Titan Fog Light Mod Kit type of deal with everything a person would need with the instructions as you have put above?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still rock'n the stock fogs also:big_grin: To be honest they actually do a good job in really foggy conditions, as there is no "back-scatter" and they light the edges of the road below the fog. Really, that's how a fog light is suppose to work, right? I'd love to keep the same beam "pattern", but have it add another 8-12 feet of throw, and another 5-8 feet of width on each side. That kind of pattern still should minimize any back-scatter concerns and also not make you night vision to "near sighted" with to much foreground lighting driving at night. Anyways......You guys were great with my Bilstein 5100 purchase, so any chance you could throw this up on your site as a Titan Fog Light Mod Kit type of deal with everything a person would need with the instructions as you have put above?
I started out with HID's #883 35w in my stock fogs, They looked great compared to the stock OEM Yellow lights def. an upgrade!!

As soon as i figured out how the Rigid Dually's were installed I chose the FLOOD cause i wanted the same pattern, Close and near! Obviously, HID's in a housing with NO projector there's alot of scattered light. RIGID light patterns are SO PRECISE! I've tried these against the NO name china lights and there's no comparison. The light pattern on the China made lights are everywhere and the light output... Well... you would need multiple lights to compared to ONE Rigid Dually. Lol.

See Video (Sport vs Flood)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IgIgi2be2o

Then When the DOT/SAE lights came out i had to get me another set!!! The light pattern and cut off is amazing!! It cuts off on top and bottom to prevent oncoming drivers to high beam and i can now see ditches on the right side of the road and it lights up all the junk seen on the left center divider.

See Video (DOT/SAE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gb6ojuOcLM

As for the FOG LIGHT MOD, It was given to me by an Infiniti technician who figured it out. So i thought it was a nice gesture to share with the forums.

Let me know if i can help out with anything else!!!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
So will these stay on with your hi beams now as well? I assume since it's tied to the parking lights they're also still on with your low beams.

Thanks for the write up, if both my questions are the case I will definitely be doing this.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So will these stay on with your hi beams now as well? I assume since it's tied to the parking lights they're also still on with your low beams.

Thanks for the write up, if both my questions are the case I will definitely be doing this.

Your light stalk is the switch. This leaves the fog on/off useless. Parking lights on = fogs on, when high beams are ON fogs still stay ON.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Your light stalk is the switch. This leaves the fog on/off useless. Parking lights on = fogs on, when high beams are ON fogs still stay ON.
Very nice, thanks! I also like that it looks like it's easily reversible so if I want to change back it's just replacing the original fuses.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Thanks, Mike! Took all of 5 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Very cool. I like having high beams and fogs. I'm assuming this will work on my wife's 2011 Pathfinder too???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very cool. I like having high beams and fogs. I'm assuming this will work on my wife's 2011 Pathfinder too???

2wdFl.Titan the 2011 Pathfinder has a black ipdm so it can work

Do the add a fuse like Mike posted for me but put them in F10 with single fuse and f9 with double fuse

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
2wdFl.Titan the 2011 Pathfinder has a black ipdm so it can work

Do the add a fuse like Mike posted for me but put them in F10 with single fuse and f9 with double fuse
Thanks man, I will give it a try.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts