Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a set of OEM fog and a switch that will fit in the dash and replace one of the black that is currently there. I did not want to replace the entire stalk and the switch that I got looks like a factory switch for fog lights, just not a Titan specific switch. I have looked all over every fog light mod post to see how everyone else has wired their lights up and have found nothing that seems to be what I would like to do. I have a 2006 crew cab SE that is pre wired for fog lights and I know if you buy the stalk and make sure the fuse is in that you can pretty much plug and play with the lights. So that leads me to believe that all the wiring I would need would be going up to the steering wheel.
Here is my plan...I would like to use the low beams to trigger the fog lights. So I would like to find a low beam wire and a wire that controls the fog lights. So in theory should I be able to find these wires at the steering column and wire up a relay to send signal to the fog lights? This way everything is contained in the cab and uses all factory wiring.

I will be tackling this tonight after I get home from work. Any info you guy have is appreciated. I will keep this updated when I finish and take some pics if I can do what I want. Thanks again.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have an after market stalk. I have the stock one, I want to wire them to a switch, but have it relayed to the low beams. I have read about the mods to be able to have them come on with low beams. But I would like to keep everything inside the cab, and not use any blown fuse mods or anything like that. I would think that all wires come inside the cab at some point and I should be able to use them to transfer signal

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
So I purchased a set of OEM fog and a switch that will fit in the dash and replace one of the black that is currently there. I did not want to replace the entire stalk and the switch that I got looks like a factory switch for fog lights, just not a Titan specific switch. I have looked all over every fog light mod post to see how everyone else has wired their lights up and have found nothing that seems to be what I would like to do. I have a 2006 crew cab SE that is pre wired for fog lights and I know if you buy the stalk and make sure the fuse is in that you can pretty much plug and play with the lights. So that leads me to believe that all the wiring I would need would be going up to the steering wheel.
Here is my plan...I would like to use the low beams to trigger the fog lights. So I would like to find a low beam wire and a wire that controls the fog lights. So in theory should I be able to find these wires at the steering column and wire up a relay to send signal to the fog lights? This way everything is contained in the cab and uses all factory wiring.

I will be tackling this tonight after I get home from work. Any info you guy have is appreciated. I will keep this updated when I finish and take some pics if I can do what I want. Thanks again.
The bold is what I was asking about.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is just a switch that goes in the dash, like next to the rear window roll down switch. The switch is at home and I am at work, but it looks like the one pictures below. I have been trying to find another one to use to control my KC's, but I have yet to find just the switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I will have to wire up with a relay I am just wanting to make sure that all the wires are up at the steering column and maybe see if someone knows the wire colors

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
I know I will have to wire up with a relay I am just wanting to make sure that all the wires are up at the steering column and maybe see if someone knows the wire colors
No wire will be up in the steering column if you're going the relay route. You will need to run one wire from the switch to the relay under the hood. You will find most of the wires needed under the hood in the fuse box/IPDM.

This is a good write up, just replace the stalk in his post with the switch you have.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/51987-fog-light-mod-w-o-parking-lights-simple.html

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I ended up using this method
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/51987-fog-light-mod-w-o-parking-lights-simple.html

I changed it up a little it though, I used the low beams as the trigger to turn on the fog lights and I wired it to a different switch rather than stalk wire. I could not find a way to keep everything inside the cab so I went this way. Install was really easy though and wiring the fog lights took me only about 45 minutes or so. I also hooked up my HID's for lows highs and fogs at the same time so I mounted all the ballasts and rewired my KC's at the same time.
I will upload some pictures later on the install

1 - 10 of 10 Posts