Nissan Titan Forum banner

Fog Lights....e-Bay vs. Dealer

4K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  Rammpage 
#1 ·
I see low priced OE new fog lights on ebay for my SE at 1/3 the price of the dealer. It does not nclude the stalk but I do not plan to use the stalk switch anyway. Do you think they are OK to purchase?

#2 ·
Subscribed. ;D

#6 ·
If i were you i would buy oem.I just bought a set off ebay for my brother for xmas and the harness was to short we had to splice into it and add wire in 4 places & took 3 hours to run harness correctly.
But did the lights line up properly in the opening and the attachment points? Good snug fit and beam alignment?

#10 ·
My ebay fogs looked ok, they would have mounted perfectly if I hadn't had an XE (but I still made them mount almost perfect)...However, if you plan on going with HIDs in the fogs, they will melt the ebay fogs houseing
How do you know this? Fact or educated guess?

#8 · (Edited)
#14 ·
Where's that emoticon i'm looking for?? Oh yeah, here it is...

:rolleyes:

#22 ·
bro, you've been here long enough to know that 5o and BBF are never wrong
BBF is the titan GOD, and 5o is like...his red headed step son.
no offens 5o.

on a side note. interesting idea about the square fogs.
i know, ive found some nice clean looking square fogs, im really thinking about making up some brackets and put the square fogs in the tow hook holes. would be a fun project also.

#16 ·
I don't take any offense, i just wanted to go fast and look cool along the way...picked up a lot of info on the way lol....BBF is the ultimate part number guy....He probably has a part number for the screw holding the accelerator pedal down

#17 · (Edited)
Melting really depends on how long you keep the fogs on though. I think if you were worried about it, you could line the hole with heat wrap to insulate against melting. IDK but i wouldnt think the ebay ones and the original OEM ones would be THAT much different

Oh and all hail 05 and BBF, what was i thinking asking a question like that. Silly silly

#18 ·
If you doubt that the ebay ones will melt, give them a try...Or ask Gary748, AustinGreaney, or any of the members at the last Tampa meet who saw them. It wasn't minor melting, it was about the size of a Silver dollar, and had become wavy. That was only after a couple weeks with 35 HIDS....Gary748 had the exact same HIDS with OEM fogs, you could only see some distortion if you very close. Very slight hairline cracks. Plus his worked longer, I had trouble keeping my DDM fogs working, so they weren;t even on very much......They absolutely destroyed the lenses

#20 ·
I'm not arguing with you at all it just hard for me to believe it'd be that big of a difference between the two. Meantime, i'll keep cruising the boards and the dozens of junkyards here for the OEM's.

#19 ·
I had the eBay fog lights on my SE, and I had no issues with fitment. They come with 6 plastic clips (3 for each side) that you should use in place of the OEM ones. At first I didn't, and the lights wouldn't snap in properly.

I wired them up like I would off road lights, bypassing the factory harness.

#23 · (Edited)
I've had E-bay fogs on my D22 (02 Frontier) no issues on fitment, just re-adjusting the tilt. I just bought some for my 05 CC and installed them last night. No issues on fitment just had to re-adjust them to get the correct angle. As far as the HID's they created small bubbles and warped my lenses on my D22. I highly suggest to not add HID's to the E-bay ones. I don't think 167.00 for the OEM Nissan ones aren't too steep considering that they are certified nissan and requires little to no experience to install them. The stick/switch and fogs are just plug n play.
"So0o0o0o easy a caveman can do it"

#25 ·
I don't think 167.00 for the OEM Nissan ones aren't too steep considering that they are certified nissan and requires little to no experience to install them. The stick/switch and fogs are just plug n play.
"So0o0o0o easy a caveman can do it"
I agree. I did this and it was all plug n play---done in 15 minutes. Looks great!!!

#27 ·
I really want to add fogs. My brother-in-law is going to sell me his from his truck. My ? is the HIDs, I want them. Will they work in the OEMs? I will have uninstall then reinstall on my truck, has anyone dont it? Thanks guys.

#28 ·
It's what i'll be doing on mine. Hid's in stock fog housings, minus the factory light stalk. I'll just mount my own switch in the dash using the blank spots in the dash.

#30 ·
Mine? Nah, waiting on OP to sell me the housings....

#32 ·
ok but me being able to see is so.......i'm not the type to put them in and not aim them so i'll be sure to properly adjust them. Plus, i plan on using them mostly at the dunes and there is absolutely no protocol on how bright your lights can be out there

#34 ·
I have a question about the eBay OEM style fogs with the dash switch...
How does the dash switch light up? Does the icon glow orange like all my other switches? Or is the icon just white silkscreen? Also, what color is the "on" indication??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.