Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been lookin around here but have only seen people talkin about plug and play FOG LIGHTS for SE models i jus wanna know if there is anything out there for XE models since they arent pre-wired.....also i plan on adding an HID kit to it if there is a kit.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I want to start out by saying I don't have a XE, I've a SE and it has Fog Lights. But I had a Kia Sorento where there was no plu & play because there was no wiring. I added the Fog lamps on it. I had to replace the switch and from switch to the Fuse box there was wiring and Fuse Box had a Fuse in it for Fog lamps & Relay. I had to buy the wiring from fuse box onwards, this may be the case here too.
Hope this helps.
Guls

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If you have an XE with 4x4 then your truck is already prewired. If your an XE 4x2 then your going to have to start from scratch.

·
Registered
795 Posts
if you want better bulb options just pick up a set of hella optilux. Just need to drill one small hole in the back of the recesed light pocket nad your good. Plus you have the option of using H3 bulbs which have more options then the weird size the factories take.

·
Registered
250 Posts
if yours is not prewired i would just run the wires and connect them to my parking lights that way you can also have them on by themselves without having to run your headlights i know some people including my self like this i have done this mod on just about all my other vehicles but the titan came prewired so i just left it alone
again just wire them to your parking lights for best results

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
EVO8 said:
If you have an XE with 4x4 then your truck is already prewired. If your an XE 4x2 then your going to have to start from scratch.
ah $hit...see i wanted to know the same damnn thing for the longest time. at least i found out before i went ahead and bought them from Courtesy.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
albonismo said:
ah $hit...see i wanted to know the same damnn thing for the longest time. at least i found out before i went ahead and bought them from Courtesy.
All you had to do was ask? :bouncy:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
albonismo said:
Buy the set from Nisssan, with correct type of stalk.

All you have to do is run a hot lead into the IPDM and get a single wire into the correct output for Foglights. The only challenge is getting a little pin to fit the outlet. My dealer let me get some out of a variety pack the mechanics use, at no charge. Run a ground wire nearby, like on the fender, near the hood hinge on passenger side. Run the 2 wires (inside some loom) down to the lights and buy the connectors from the GM/Chevy dealer to finish off your own harness. It is a PT-120 or something like that. It will function like OEM and look like it too. I've done it twice. This is far easier than most think it is. Connectors run about 20 bucks each, then some wire, loom and 1 connector to power it up. Works great.

Search for my post in a thread called something like "Warning, XE Foglights"

I really need to do a complete writeup on this, as nobody has ever done it OEM and show it. I'll get it done in a new thread next weekend. Bug me if you don't see it after next Saturday. I'll come back here and put in the link so others will find it easier.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
TitanBlue said:
Buy the set from Nisssan, with correct type of stalk.

All you have to do is run a hot lead into the IPDM and get a single wire into the correct output for Foglights. The only challenge is getting a little pin to fit the outlet. My dealer let me get some out of a variety pack the mechanics use, at no charge. Run a ground wire nearby, like on the fender, near the hood hinge on passenger side. Run the 2 wires (inside some loom) down to the lights and buy the connectors from the GM/Chevy dealer to finish off your own harness. It is a PT-120 or something like that. It will function like OEM and look like it too. I've done it twice. This is far easier than most think it is. Connectors run about 20 bucks each, then some wire, loom and 1 connector to power it up. Works great.

Search for my post in a thread called something like "Warning, XE Foglights"

I really need to do a complete writeup on this, as nobody has ever done it OEM and show it. I'll get it done in a new thread next weekend. Bug me if you don't see it after next Saturday. I'll come back here and put in the link so others will find it easier.
hmm, sounds lengthy but i might give it a shot after u do the writeup.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Thanks, It's less work than the after market kits, as this will plug onto the bulbs like they should. And no extra relays to mount. Writeup will be coming asap. With good pics of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts