Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 T and noticed that it has the harnesses behind the bumper for the fog lights. However, I do not seem to have the column stem that has the fog light on/off switch. I contacted Nissan and was told that they have never heard of one wired and not have the switch. I heard one of the techs in the back state that I must be 'ignorant' because it would not come like that. My questions are:

(1) I am guessing that the switch is indeed on either the turn signals or the wiper stems?
(2) If the switch is, would anyone know the part number to order?
(3) Is the stock switch merely a dash pop out?

Petro Nissan in Hattiesburg seems to be clueless. When asked about ordering just the switch from the kit that installs the fog lights, she couldn't tell me what part number would allow me to do this.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Reactions: tadams11201

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess a good follow up question would be:

For those that have fog lights in the 04-06 range, do you have to turn them on or are they full-time and turn on when using low beam?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an '05 LE and I have to turn the fog lights on seperate from the low beams. the switch is on the stem with the highl/ow beams.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Pretty sure you plug them in & they come on with low beams. I want some too, I have an 06 se with wiring.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have an '06 SE, bought the factory kit, installed kit myself and comes with new stalk with the switch on it.

Kit number may be 999F1-YQ001, you should have to select whether you have auto lights or not.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You can be like me and once you do find the stem just leave it on. I got 6000Ks in both the Los and Fogs and I love how that looks. The fog lights add that little extra pizzaz (is that how you spell it) and hope you find what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have a 2004 T and noticed that it has the harnesses behind the bumper for the fog lights. However, I do not seem to have the column stem that has the fog light on/off switch. I contacted Nissan and was told that they have never heard of one wired and not have the switch. I heard one of the techs in the back state that I must be 'ignorant' because it would not come like that. My questions are:

(1) I am guessing that the switch is indeed on either the turn signals or the wiper stems?
(2) If the switch is, would anyone know the part number to order?
(3) Is the stock switch merely a dash pop out?

Petro Nissan in Hattiesburg seems to be clueless. When asked about ordering just the switch from the kit that installs the fog lights, she couldn't tell me what part number would allow me to do this.
Forget what this dealer told you as she doesn't know her *** from a hole in the ground.

There are probably dozens of threads on this website that gives a full description of the information you are seeking. Part number is 999F1-YQ001 for Titans WITHOUT "auto" headlamps or 999F1-YQ000 WITH "auto" headlamps for your 2004 Titan. The kit is plug and play and the kit comes with instructions and takes about 20 minutes to install. You will need to replace the light stalk on the left side of your steering column with the replacement light stalk that comes with the kit.

Just makes sure you order the kit with the proper light stalk, i.e., the one w/auto headlight or with w/o auto headlights. Mine was w/o auto headlights.

The prices run about $155 to about $175, maybe a little more with the auto headlights light stalk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 07' SE and mine also came wired but no switch. I live on Highway 589 (Hattiesburg) and also have delt with Petro. They are pretty much worthless. Anyway, thanks for the help guys. This tread help me out also.

·
Premium Member
58,355 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are all prewired? I've noticed a LOT of extra plugs for buttons/switches/knobs on mine, especially when removing the dash.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Are all prewired? I've noticed a LOT of extra plugs for buttons/switches/knobs on mine, especially when removing the dash.
On the early model Titans, most if not all XE Titans did not come pre-wired but this may have changed with newer models. Most, if not all early model SE Titans came pre-wired for fog lights and it was simple matter of buying the fog light kit with a plug n play install.

Search and you should find XE owners who have wired up fog lights on XE models but it will not be as simple as with Titan SE models.

Good luck

·
Registered
827 Posts
Bit of a thread revive but i have an SE, fog light housings with some HID bulbs to go in this weekend. I'd love to use the factory wiring WITHOUT installing the stalk. Is this possible? Mine is wired for the fogs but where should i look to find where to tap in to use my own switch? Fuse box on passenger side?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Bit of a thread revive but i have an SE, fog light housings with some HID bulbs to go in this weekend. I'd love to use the factory wiring WITHOUT installing the stalk. Is this possible? Mine is wired for the fogs but where should i look to find where to tap in to use my own switch? Fuse box on passenger side?
Yes, you can by doing the jumper mod. You will have to blow the fuse for the fog lights and run a tap from the blown fog light fuse to the parking light fuse. There are a couple write ups on the forum with pictures.

Once you complete the jumper mod, the fogs will turn on with the parking lights.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I want to control them completely separate from my headlights, without having to run my own wires to them. My SE came with the pre-wiring, but not the housings or stalk to control them. I simply want to use whats there, and add a switch like this:

·
Registered
95 Posts
you can buy the whole seperate wiring harness that i so happen to have! it has the switch relays everything...

·
Registered
827 Posts
My bad, i just re-read the howto for the foglight mod and understood what it was saying. Yes, and the only wires i need to run is inside the cab to activate the switch. It just so happens the FLM suggests running a wire into the stalk to control them, i'll just use a separate switch. Cool, thanks for the responses guys

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just ordered these they are glass and the factory fogs are plastic and the HID's were warping them hope the new ones do the trick.
Nissan Titan Fog Lights :: DashZRacing.com

Home >> Lighting - Fog Lights >> Nissan >> Titan
04-07 Nissan Titan Fog Lights - Smoke

Item #: FL-WJ-NT04-SM
Condition: New

Our Price: $116.00

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
nothing it does not have the sensor to turn the lights on you have to switch it manually.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts