Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem?

The lens on my 6 disc changer, the display itself, is kind of foggy. You can see through it perfectly at night, but during the day, it looks almost smoky/foggy behind it, kind of like how a plastic window on a convertible looks when it starts getting old.

Anything I can do about this? Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody got any ideas? I'd take a picture but it doesn't seem like it'll come out well on the camera...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Is it fogged up from the inside or outside? Mine was scuffed up and had light scratches on the front so I used some Adams swirl and haze remover and it shined it right up. A little cleaner wax didn't hurt either.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it fogged up from the inside or outside? Mine was scuffed up and had light scratches on the front so I used some Adams swirl and haze remover and it shined it right up. A little cleaner wax didn't hurt either.
It's on the inside. Cleaning the outside has no effect.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hmm ya that sounds tougher. Have you taken the radio and hvac faceplate off? Don't know if you can acecess the plastic part from the back but it's worth a try. It's not to hard to take off either just get something in between the two pieces and pull with some force

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm ya that sounds tougher. Have you taken the radio and hvac faceplate off? Don't know if you can acecess the plastic part from the back but it's worth a try. It's not to hard to take off either just get something in between the two pieces and pull with some force
Yeah, that's what I think I need to do but first I'm wondering if a) I can do anything about it anyway, and b) should I chance breaking something to fix it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts