Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to install a foglight kit on a Titan with the shifter on the steering column? I've got the lights installed but to install the stalk with the foglight controls on the steering column you have to take the plastic molding apart. The instructions are vague - they seem to be more geared towards trucks with a center console shifter. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
104 Posts
RedBrawn said:
Has anyone attempted to install a foglight kit on a Titan with the shifter on the steering column? I've got the lights installed but to install the stalk with the foglight controls on the steering column you have to take the plastic molding apart. The instructions are vague - they seem to be more geared towards trucks with a center console shifter. :rolleyes:
I did, find the screws that hold the trim in place and open it up a bit. The process is actually easier than it sounds on the instructions. It did take awhile to get everything lined up for reassembly.

·
Registered
294 Posts
RedBrawn said:
RedBrawn, just pop the scew cover on the left side of the column off and take the two screws out from the bottom portion of the column and gently pry the upper and lower portions apart...then use two fingers to press the clips on the existing turn signal lever and gently pull it out, put in the new one, replace the scews and your done. I have the column shifter and it took me all of 15 min's for the entire job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Foglights - got em'

karlconnell said:
RedBrawn, just pop the scew cover on the left side of the column off and take the two screws out from the bottom portion of the column and gently pry the upper and lower portions apart...then use two fingers to press the clips on the existing turn signal lever and gently pull it out, put in the new one, replace the scews and your done. I have the column shifter and it took my all of 15 min's for the entire job.
Thanks, I just got it - took about 1/2 hour. I knew the molding had to pull apart but I didn't trust myself to do it without breaking something. You guys gave me the confidence to give it a try. A little trouble getting it back together, but finally got it. Now I just have to make sure they're aimed properly.

Thanks again,
RedBrawn :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts