Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to wire there fog lights with there parking lights yet. I think that I am going to try this weekend. Any info will help.
Thanks
Rich

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
ATitan4Me said:
Has anyone tried to wire there fog lights with there parking lights yet. I think that I am going to try this weekend. Any info will help.
Thanks
Rich

I was wondering if it could be easily wired for Fogs + High Beam + Low Beam?

I have wired High Beam + Low Beam on other vehicles using a relay to also energize the Low Beam circuit when the High Beam is on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ATitan4Me said:
Thanks
Rich
Thats exactly what I'm considering, I've got the XE, and was originally told by Nissan that all Titans were pre wired for fogs. Wrong the 4x2 XE is the only model that has a different wiring harness. I figure the only way is to get the female plugs? that go into the back of the fog lights and wire them directly to the parking lights, or straight to the headlights. Not really sure which would be better. Is this the same situation you are facing, or can you offer any other better options. I'm frustrated as all he-- with this situation. on top of that it seems like the only way you can get the fog lights is with the new turn indicator stalk. Which obviously can't be used with the XE wiring harness. Nissan led me astray....Now they say sorry. we can't help you we made a mistake and said that all the trucks wiring harness' were the same and they aren't. Nissan corporate is trying to wash their hands of it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This really sucks to know because I was also going to add the fog lights. I have an XE 4x2 and I do not see any pigtails either.

I also did not notice when I bought mine but the SE and LE have the door courtesy lights in them so I order a set for mine for $60.00 and it turns out the wiring harness in the door is different too so I had to run wires to the door switch and power just to hook up the lights. Now even power mirrors will be a pain and probably not an option Total drag!

·
Registered
25 Posts
DTEK said:
This really sucks to know because I was also going to add the fog lights. I have an XE 4x2 and I do not see any pigtails either.

I also did not notice when I bought mine but the SE and LE have the door courtesy lights in them so I order a set for mine for $60.00 and it turns out the wiring harness in the door is different too so I had to run wires to the door switch and power just to hook up the lights. Now even power mirrors will be a pain and probably not an option Total drag!

How much of a pain was it to hook up the courtesy lights? I'm just about ready to bite the bullet and get the fog lights, but when I talked with Nissan they said it may void my warranty. I'd like to talk with somebody thats done it to see what the degree of difficulty is. It would also good to know if the turn indicator stalk can even be used at all with the XE conversion. If not I'd like to just buy the lights themselves, It would be nice if we could come up with a source for those pigtail connectors too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
DTEK said:

Come to think of it, you're right, I thought that power mirrors would be easy too. They probably didn't run that wire either. I'm bummed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts