Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 Titan and am still learning about all of the features.

The dealer showed me the passenger seat will fold flat. What do you use this feature for???

It was one of the reasons I fell for this truck, did it hook anyone else?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I believe it is intended for use as a work platform or desk while on jobsites, etc. You can put a laptop on it and such. Personally, I don't really use this feature and the ability for the seat to fold flat forces it to be made in two pieces which causes the seat to be uncomfortable for some people over long trips. It basically minimizes lumbar support if the passenger is height-challenged. Trust me, I hear about this everytime she has to ride in that darned seat!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Blackbeauty - I just love reading your posts. Always polite and insightful
and oh yeah, that's gotta be one of the greatest sig's EVER...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Polite?!?!!?! Why you little..... Kiss my .... oh... ahem... I mean... Why thank you! Nice of you to think so.... :lol:

·
Registered
257 Posts
i don't know if its me but i tried folding my seat flat when i got the truck and it doesn't fold flat???? a few weeks ago i got a new pass seat frame because the back of the seat wobbled when you twisted your back on it and the seat moved with you. i tried folding it down again yesterday and it still dosent fold flat all the way. it stops at a 45 degree angle to the bottom of the seat??? does it need a push? i don't wanna force it because i don't feel like breaking it and needing a new seat frame again and waiting 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I don't think it goes all the way down with the electronic switch. Part of it is manual, I believe and the rest goes down electrically. I've only done it once or twice, so not positive but I seem to recall you have to pull the lever as well as push the button.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I don't think it goes all the way down with the electronic switch. Part of it is manual,
You're right. If you have electric seats, pull up the tab on the back and flip it forward, then you have to push the seat recline adjustment button on the side of the seat to make it go down the rest of the way.

I think this is a cool feature and my wife uses it pretty often while working on her computer during trips. I the future my kids will watch movies with the laptop sitting in that spot ==> laptops are cheaper than DVD packages.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Oh Wow! - you mean that stool next to me folds into a seat? Oh my god! the wife is going to be so excited!!

I just told her that was the price she had to pay for driving around in a nice truck.... I figured Nissan had to cut costs somewhere for turning out such a sweeeeet truck for such little money.

Okay, in reality.... ditto what the others said, you have to put the seat all the way forward with the power (if you have it) and then flip the lever. It's funny, I realized while reading this post that I have never once used this feature and I actually could. I always have an appointment book and a few folders with me. I choose to just let them hit the floor several times a day when I have to stop quick... it's good exercise I suppose..

:cheers:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I don't think it goes all the way down with the electronic switch. Part of it is manual, I believe and the rest goes down electrically. I've only done it once or twice, so not positive but I seem to recall you have to pull the lever as well as push the button.
oh, didn't event think of that. ill give it a try, but i don't see why they would make it half manual and half power to get the seat flat.
thanks

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Possibly to shorten up on the actuator mechanism or something? I figure it has something to do with trying to keep it all hidden inside the seat and still being functional. It's a trade-off between low torque and long throw, and high torque (more stress on components) and short throw. They chose the middle road I suppose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What do you guys think now???

I used it yesterday to hold my lap top and bag. Nothing fell off. I left it down and made my wife ride on it and the first time I accelerated she was in the back seat with her legs strait up in hte air... love this feature!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
LMAO @ your wife in the back seat with her legs up in the air.
:smoke:

I like this feature even though I have not used it yet. I had a Vibe as a company car for a while anit it did the same thing. Makes it nice if you need to put odd shaped objects in the truck(I guess if it was raining) also.

·
Registered
257 Posts
it works 1/2 powered and 1/2 manual!!! it is a good feature but if your in the truck and want the seat to fold flat you got to either reach over and wait for it to move forward and pull the lever or get out and do it from the pass side. now i can use my laptop in my truck, sweet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts