Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These things are all over e-bay. They claim to be a small two wire resistor tuned to a certain ohm load that fools the IAT sensor into thinking it is the best temperature for maximum fuel. Some claim up to 25+ HP. Sounds like horsecrap. HAS ANYONE TRIED ONE and if so, what do you think of it.

·
Super Moderator
36,349 Posts
Titan4mde said:
These things are all over e-bay. They claim to be a small two wire resistor tuned to a certain ohm load that fools the IAT sensor into thinking it is the best temperature for maximum fuel. Some claim up to 25+ HP. Sounds like horsecrap. HAS ANYONE TRIED ONE and if so, what do you think of it.
25+ Horse Poop

·
Registered
198 Posts
What would that do, exactly? Cause the ECU to advance timing until the knock sensor gives it a reality check? If the engine started knocking you'd end up with inconsistant and probably less overall performance than prior to screwing with the IAT, right?

edit - love the avatar, 37L1

·
Registered
341 Posts
baseballfanz said:
LOL, yeah it does fool the intake air temp, the engine think there's more air so it dump more fuel, but in reality the air is the same with more fuel being dump. End result. BOOM.:D

End result is worse fuel economy. Engines don't crater from being rich. Really it is a less than useless mod because while it is telling the PCM that the IAT is reading cooler than it is, the engine coolant temp. sensor is still working just fine. Coolant temp. has a much larger affect on the base fuel and timing tables than the IAT sensor.

There are no magic performance mods....just wasted money.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Blown330 said:
End result is worse fuel economy. Engines don't crater from being rich. Really it is a less than useless mod because while it is telling the PCM that the IAT is reading cooler than it is, the engine coolant temp. sensor is still working just fine. Coolant temp. has a much larger affect on the base fuel and timing tables than the IAT sensor.
There are no magic performance mods....just wasted money.
I 2nd that statement! :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dont' buy into the hype. They're a load of crap(a.k.a "Pile of sh*t"). Spend your money on a mod that actually does something for your truck.

Dave

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to ALL. That is what I figured. I'll just buy the TBcoolant by-pass in stead as I have heard that this actually works. My guess on this also was that if you fooled the IAT sensor, added more fuel, the 0xygen sensor would just readjust it when the exhaust came through really rich. Am I on the right track with that thinking?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts