Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw this in here in case there are some AEM Brute Force owners concerned about CARB legality:

PDF file from CARB

The Titan part # is 21-8502 and is found on page 5.

This is under their "Street Legal" directory. I know there were a few people concerned about this a couple of months ago, as was I, and went to their site to allay my concerns. I hope this will help a couple of more people out.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That good news...I hope this goes for the FrameBoost too since the tube is AEM and the dry filter is made by Fram. Basically the same unit.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE:

Just called AEM. Since I don't have the proof of sale (receipt) since it's probably lost among piles of papers at home, I can email them a photo of the intake on my truck, along with a little info, and they will send me the sticker!

Just call them up!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
decypher44 said:
UPDATE:

Just called AEM. Since I don't have the proof of sale (receipt) since it's probably lost among piles of papers at home, I can email them a photo of the intake on my truck, along with a little info, and they will send me the sticker!

Just call them up!
Sweet! My truck is CARB Legal!:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
BRACEYOSELF777 said:
Sweet! My truck is CARB Legal!:D
It's more than CARB legal. It's STREET legal. Any modifications in the area of intake/exhaust, unless CARB approved, is against the law (California only folks). If a cop asks you to pop your hood and doesn't see a CARB decal for whatever you've modified, he'll ticket you and leave it up to a BAR referee to confirm that you've got compliant parts.

P.S.---I live in an area where I'm pretty much the only guy with a lifted truck (I actually have two). I get cops following me all the freaking time. One finally found a reason to pull me over (speeding) and decided to pop me for my exhaust too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts