Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of anyone reliable around Baton Rouge that'd be good for installing mods on my truck? I don't exactly trust myself with mechanical things...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
What kind of mods? Kirk does alot of aftermarked installs but are pretty expensive.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, right now...I'm thinking a CAI first pretty soon, and then an exhaust system...then probably Uprev and headers sometime after that; all stretched out over a period of time.

Think that'd get pretty expensive with Kirk's (no problem finding one around here though...i know of two in the area)? Wish I knew of some place good that did this stuff...when I see auto shops around here, its pretty much mostly body shops and the like.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I say buy the stuff you want and take it out of the box look at it,I think you'll find that you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I put my Fram boost and JBA on in my driveway with no problem and that was the first time I had worked on a vehicle in any way. Lol... I've never even changed my oil before!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just about everytime I do something on my truck my friend helps me but we help each other do alot of things. The only thing I wont do is headers, intake,exhaust and uprev are pretty simple.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k...I'll look at the instructions and try myself first. Glad to hear its not necessarily that hard. I'd love to be able to do the installs myself...ordinarily, I like doing stuff for myself, but I really have never done anything with a vehicle before except for the basic maintenance stuff. Anyway thanks for all the help. I'll be sure to post back after I get my CAI on and report on how its doing.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yea man let me know and I might be able to help you out. I have installed exhaust and CAI before. Never did headers but im sure they are not hard just take a lot of time and frustration trying to fit in that space.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you lived a bit closer I'd lend a hand and wrench.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the generosity, everybody. Blown, thanks for the sentiment...people like you are really all too uncommon these days (according to my elders; cant say I disagree).
Yama, I'll be sure to PM you if I run into problems and see if you can't help in some way. So I take it CAI and exhaust aren't hard at all to install? Pretty much bolt-on I assume?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
TheRedBeast said:
Thanks for the generosity, everybody. Blown, thanks for the sentiment...people like you are really all too uncommon these days (according to my elders; cant say I disagree).
Yama, I'll be sure to PM you if I run into problems and see if you can't help in some way. So I take it CAI and exhaust aren't hard at all to install? Pretty much bolt-on I assume?
Yea its pretty easy, the cai instructions are usually pretty good. If you can read and turn a wrench you can install it. The exhaust is a little harder but still not that bad. Most people bolt the exhaust together than get it welded. I never welded any exhaust on and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm an LSU student living on campus right now, which would be just down from downtown BR. Pretty good spot to live in actually...I have easy access to classes and I'm also centrally located so its no big deal to go anywhere in the city. Only thing that sucks is I'm always worried about some dumb*** backing into my truck or something.
Very encouraging to hear that your install went so quickly. I'm sure it will be no problem now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
YEah,........ i would say that is has to be pretty nice living on LSU. Good luck in school. I am actually only 20min down the road from tiger stadium and i will be spending alot of time for the next several weeks at Woman's Hospital. If you get in a bind and can't figure it out, hit me with a PM and i can give you a hand. If necessary, it can be swapped out at the hospital, it is that simple. Best of luck! what type of intake & exhaust are you going with?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the very generous offer. If I need any help, I'll be sure to shoot you a PM. Nice knowing there's other Titan owners on here in the area. It'd be cool to maybe do a meet sometime.
As for the intake and exhaust, I'm going with a S&B and JBA Evol system respectively. However, unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait a little while before I get the exhaust installed (alas such is the life of a student). Can't wait to see what difference these make! I assume you have some mods?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Knowing where you live now i might want to ride over and help you,i'm sure you have some nice girls walking around over there,lol Just kidding.
You can do all that in your driveway.The exhaust is all bolt on,but you will need to get the tailpipe tack welded to keep it up.Its going to slide down on you no matter how hard you tighten it.

On another note,anybody going out to State Capital this Friday.I just ordered some DR's but i dought if they will be in by then,going to try to get in those 13 sec.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You don't know what you're talkin about...nice girls? They're more than just nice!! When I first came here, I thought I'd somehow gotten into Playboy U.:hat: Only now am I kinda starting to get used to it, but then I see somebody new every morning....anyway, yeah, it's nice lol.
Thanks for the advice on the exhaust. I'll try to start early and find somebody who can do the welding bit. I'm still pretty surprised that these mods are apparently as easy as merely 'bolt-on', but that's great. Now I can have the pride of doing them myself, and not having to lose any extra green; best of both worlds.
I'll try to make it to State Capitol this Friday. Last Friday was kinda a bust, but oh well. Any idea what time you'll be there so we can meet up? Maybe do a couple runs together (doubt I'll even touch you though).

·
Registered
486 Posts
Gates open at 5pm.Last time i got there at 6:30 and just did get 2 runs in before the bracket racing began,on my 3rd run i busted out with my 14.11 run so i was happy with the time just wish i could have got another run in.
My wife will be with me video taping if you want to see your truck running down the track.I might have my DR's by then.For $20 its fun and you'll see what you got to start with,before all the mods.

·
Registered
164 Posts
have either of you visited No Problem Raceway? pretty good track.

dbolemiss, where did you get your timing advance done? and what was the charge?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts