Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as a heads up, I installed the antenna inside my front windshield (passenger's corner) and I still have great reception. I was one of those people too picky to put an antenna outside and didn't want to put the one on my OEM antenna. Anyways as mentioned, the reception is very clear and I get signal almost everywhere except under very thick trees.

-Cyrus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
Good info Cyrus, thanks for the post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Same thing here. I have Sirius and I place the OEM right above my rear view mirror. Okay signal but I lose it under thick tree coverage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
I have my Sirius antenna sitting on my dash board just behind the sensor that turns on the headlights. I do not even notice it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
good info to know thanks for that i may be looking into puttin the xm in my truck in the future
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
I have XM now. But as soon as the trial period passes I will let it go. Im not paying for commercials!!! And thats that. If I want commercials I will stay with reg. Radio!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Vyrus said:
Just as a heads up, I installed the antenna inside my front windshield (passenger's corner) and I still have great reception. I was one of those people too picky to put an antenna outside and didn't want to put the one on my OEM antenna. Anyways as mentioned, the reception is very clear and I get signal almost everywhere except under very thick trees.

-Cyrus
I've been thing about an OEM setup, but yet too see one instilled. Is this an OEM or after market setup?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is aftermarket, but this shortcut applies to all. At $200+ I just couldn't justify the OEM set-up. Though I love the way it looks (or rather, way it doesn't look), it's just too expensive. Plus the aftermarket screen has a lot of great features you wouldn't get with the factory OEM radio screen... makes it easier to use the system.

-Cyrus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
I'm patiently waiting for an add in module for "HD Radio". A company makes them for Toyota, GM, Ford Radios (Not all of them of course). I hope the Nissan version comes out within a year. They plug in as a SAT or AUX module. I'm intocheap (free) radio, no subscriptions. I use OTA HD TV.

Amazing the OEM still don't build as sophisticated a display as AM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Sorry, New to this forum and it acronyms... What is EOM? I just bought a titan and my girl has xm in her car I got her for her B-day, And I love it! Her honda came xm ready though... So it is just a matter of time before I get it. Thanks
Reef
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OEM = Original Equipment Manufactured (basically anything available on the Titan, in our case). If you have a 6CD changer, your truck is XM ready too. You can buy the Xm reciever unit for $200 then subscribe and you're done.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
160,819 Posts
I'll add that I had my antenna on my dash for a while. I'd lose the signal under trees, bridges, etc. I have since rerouted it out the third brake light and put it on top. I don't lose it under trees anymore, and only lose it under bridges if I'm stuck at a light and really under the bridge for a while. It might also depend on whether you have good ground based antenna signals in your area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I just installed aftermarket Sirius for my JVC AVX800. Put it under the plastic winshield wiper cover. It's magnetic and sits nicly on one of the metal brackets under there. 100% Stealth, and no obstructions. Took about 1/2 hour to route the wire through two gromets and into the cab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
I have XM now. But as soon as the trial period passes I will let it go. Im not paying for commercials!!! And thats that. If I want commercials I will stay with reg. Radio!
which stations do u listen 2? i have XM but i dont ever hear any commercials. sometimes the DJ comes on to talk. but no commercials.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
TripleC said:
which stations do u listen 2? i have XM but i dont ever hear any commercials. sometimes the DJ comes on to talk. but no commercials.

many have commercials. many.

68raw is now censored! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! welcome to clear channel!

22, 29 are commercial jammed

81 is now destroyed with cheesy american wanna be techno and hip hop "techno" remixes like usher and rhianna and so forth... they also fill the time with live streams from DJs which i wonder how they even got that title. jonbousche, christhegreek etc are just pathetic.....

82 is ok still. zoltran's show is great.

83.. not sure what to say about that one

9 is ok

8 is sorta good...

the comedy channels have ads

the talk channels have ads
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
damn. i guess i never caught them. i have the remote and im a habitual channel surfer. when a song ends i hit a button 2 go to the next saved channel.

"it makes non stop rocking possible! think about it man!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
My XM Reception SUCKS. I have the factory glass mount and lose signal EVERYWHERE. There can be tall tress 40 feet off of the road and my signal will fade. I know everyone else says their signal is good from the glass mount antenna, but mine is horrible. Even fades going through cuts that are only 15-20 tall on the sides of the road.

I have the external antenna on order from Nissan (you have to use Nissan part b/c the connector is different). I am hoping the external antenna will solve my reception problems.

Also my display is hit or miss, sometimes I get the whole song title, sometimes only 8 charactres. Nissan knows about it and has no fix for it. (This is per dealer who contacted Nissan Tech).

Might want to reconsider factory XM. Or go with Sirius. Wish I had.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
For those who have an aftermarket XM receiver with the antennae mounted on the dash, how did you route the wire. I have mine on the dash too but just have the wire laying on the dash. I did that temporarily to see if I needed to put the antennae outside. Turns out my reception is perfect with it on the dash so I just left it there. I intend to reroute the wires so they are less visible but just haven't gotten around to it yet. By the way I've been meaning to do that for almost 4 months now. I tend to procrastinate a bit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
wmshay6 said:
My XM Reception SUCKS. I have the factory glass mount and lose signal EVERYWHERE. There can be tall tress 40 feet off of the road and my signal will fade. I know everyone else says their signal is good from the glass mount antenna, but mine is horrible. Even fades going through cuts that are only 15-20 tall on the sides of the road.

I have the external antenna on order from Nissan (you have to use Nissan part b/c the connector is different). I am hoping the external antenna will solve my reception problems.

Also my display is hit or miss, sometimes I get the whole song title, sometimes only 8 charactres. Nissan knows about it and has no fix for it. (This is per dealer who contacted Nissan Tech).

Might want to reconsider factory XM. Or go with Sirius. Wish I had.

I instilled OEM XM with the inside glass antenna (the newest tuner and antenna) and have no problems. Well lose the single when I pull into the shop, but since it's a satellite single you have to expect that. I have sixteen characters that show. I do have the Nav so that may make a difference.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top