Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously looking into trading my 05 for an 08, but I was wondering.....if Nissan, who knows they fell a lil behind in the hp ratings, next year has a 350-400hp engine will you be pissed you didn't wait? Personally, I think they're right in the ballpark as they are now, but you never know.....just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Not at all, that just means worse gas mileage. I would be a little upset if a diesel came out within a year. But a loaded LE with basically everything but 4wd and dvd for 31,4XX is a hell of a deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
I keep reading in that 2009 is the year for the diesel , all the recent articles are saying Navistar international will supply the motors, same people that supply the ford diesel. They all seem to point at the latter part of the year, I don't see a big or any advantage of 30 to 50 more horsepower at the loss of mpg. I think the truck has power in excess for what it is designed to do. I will say a diesel would be a big advantage in sales for nissan and would bring more truck buyers to the name. I also was reading that nissan was developing a clutch style transmission that is supposed to reduce the drag on the motor by putting it some type of neutral when the pedal is being pushed. Not thrilled with that ideal. Who knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Not at all, I'm happy with my 08.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
37,227 Posts
Tundra Rules! said:
one day, maybe they'll be able to compete with the tundras...i probably get one, once they do

Nice pig you got there ... you keep that thing on a leash?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
I won't feel bad at all. I will most likely upgrade after the first couple of year model diesels are out. I don't want to be a test bunny for that one. But yeah, I will get the early 2011 model if they come out in 09.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
Tundra Rules! said:
one day, maybe they'll be able to compete with the tundras...i probably get one, once they do

Now you got your link on to that video you can leave
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
36,445 Posts
Tundra Rules! said:
one day, maybe they'll be able to compete with the tundras...i probably get one, once they do
With a user name like yours, I would recommend that you stick to the Tundra sites if you can't leave your insinuating insults at home and act like a guest in our house.

This is your required warning, take heed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I have a base 4x4 crewcab and could not be happier. First year diesel should be avoided. Ford still has not got it right.Only consern I have is rear end problems long term because I tow. Anyone offer P--S on Tundra stickers yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
The wife and I took our 08 and pup to the walking trail tonight. On the way home I looked at her and said "a person could get spoiled driving a truck like this". We are in it for the long haul and so far it has been great. A couple months and almost 2500 miles. It gets exactly the fuel mileage I anticipated, tows great, rides great, comfortable, roomy, and quite powerful. Why should I be disappointed if next years model has a higher rating. This one does everything I ask and expected it to do for us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
cfa24 said:
Not at all, that just means worse gas mileage. I would be a little upset if a diesel came out within a year. But a loaded LE with basically everything but 4wd and dvd for 31,4XX is a hell of a deal.
In the October issue of Peterson's 4Wheel&OffRoad say that "sources within Nissan have told Automotive News that the fullsize Titan may receive a V-8 Diesel (possibly from International) and a gas v-6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,311 Posts
Kifaru said:
In the October issue of Peterson's 4Wheel&OffRoad say that "sources within Nissan have told Automotive News that the fullsize Titan may receive a V-8 Diesel (possibly from International) and a gas v-6
that's awesome. Should bring some more buyers over from the Big 3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,557 Posts
GaryB said:
I'm seriously looking into trading my 05 for an 08, but I was wondering.....if Nissan, who knows they fell a lil behind in the hp ratings, next year has a 350-400hp engine will you be pissed you didn't wait? Personally, I think they're right in the ballpark as they are now, but you never know.....just curious.
Fall behind in HP? How much more HP are you looking for? The Titan is already a rocket with more towing ability than 3/4 and 1 tons of yesterday. Yeah the Tundra now has more but others with more HP are actually slower than the Titan so, I'd say...leave it alone. The Tundra is WAAAAY overpriced for the content as well. For those wanting better mileage and torque, there will be a Diesel on the way soon enough.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top