Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have either of these things, I assume you have lost your tow hooks. My question is how would you/have you be recovered if you were stuck? I really like the bullbars, but I want to make sure that if I need to be yanked out of a tough situation, that there is something to attach a tow strap to. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
We all know that Titans never get stucked. I would pull mine out by my tow hitch.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I'd never trade my hooks for ANY type of frt push/light bar!
I take me truck in the dirt, and it's a 2wd...At one time or another, I'm going to get stuck...

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Some have been able to "Modify" and keep their hooks.

Maybe they will chime in.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i was stuck when i had my damned bullbar .... in sand that was too deep .... hondarider227 (member here) pulled me out hooking the tow strap to front crossmember. luckily i wasn't too far in or that would've been tough to accomplish ....

needless to say, bullbar is long gone.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
If you want to add a brush/grill gaurd or bull bar go ahead. There is always a place to hook up straps if you need to get pulled out. Just remember you must get pulled out by another Titan or leave your truck and walk home. It is MAN LAW. I know I read it somewhere.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
you couldnt just wrap a strap around the bull bar? It would seem to be the same thing to me since they mount in the same location as the tow hooks. Are maybe i am wrong i have never seen how they mount, just assuming that from what i read on here. Or are the bull bars just not strong enough to pull on?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
yamatitan said:
you couldnt just wrap a strap around the bull bar? It would seem to be the same thing to me since they mount in the same location as the tow hooks. Are maybe i am wrong i have never seen how they mount, just assuming that from what i read on here. Or are the bull bars just not strong enough to pull on?
tow hooks and bullbars just use the same mounting points, that's it ... bullbar not nearly as strong, not to pull anyway, i've tried and it bent ... looked like a short, fat stinger bar after it was attempted.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was actually going to look into getting some longer bolts this next weekend and put them in with some tow hooks and see what kind of strength is there. Not even sure if they will fit or not but if I can find some tow hooks and the bolts this week, Ill repost.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
MrHunter602 said:
I was actually going to look into getting some longer bolts this next weekend and put them in with some tow hooks and see what kind of strength is there. Not even sure if they will fit or not but if I can find some tow hooks and the bolts this week, Ill repost.
With the bull bar on, the places where the tow hooks goes through has been taken.

You DO NOT want to cut the chrome fender as the design is structural in nature and to do so would weaken the front end in case of impact.

I'm working on this with a friend who fabricates things and we were discussing creating a different mounting point for the tow hooks...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I dont have a chrome bumper.

What about just running longer bolts with both of them connected. But I guss that would probably weaken things quite a bit and you wouldnt have there would be too much pressure pulling on those bolts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts