Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it replace the y-pipe? I know I know, it's a "cat back" system so its supposed to come with everything from the cats back, but some pics online show the kit with replacement tubing for the y-pipe, and others don't. What does this kit come with?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, how easy was the install? I assume there is not cutting or drilling involved, just unbolt the old, and bolt on the new? Thanks...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
dank78 said:
Also, how easy was the install? I assume there is not cutting or drilling involved, just unbolt the old, and bolt on the new? Thanks...

yep, thats pretty much it, you will be done before you can finish a couple beers....be sure 2 assemble, hang, adjust to your liking b4 tightening down any of the u-bolts. Tighten U-bolts from front to back

·
Registered
399 Posts
The install is super easy. Like Markislive said, line everything up before you tighten the clamps. Also, I don't believe the kit comes with the gaskets that connect to the cat section so you can either get a set separately, or just do what I did and copper coat the old ones and reuse them. No leaks here.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
mine didnt come with gaskets either, also, i wouldnt do this in your drive way for the simple fact that the u-blts don't tighten tight enough to keep the pipes from flexing when going down the road, i ended up having to take mine to the damn muffler shop to have him tack weld all the joints.. my muffler tip was almost dragging the ground i was kinda ticked..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts