Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you lose some bed space (6-8" or so right??), but honestly, is it still worth getting the cover? I don't think losing a bit of bed space would be too big of a deal, but I wanted to hear from you all who have the cover. Also, if it isn't to much trouble, could you snap a pic of the truck with the cover open all the way. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I can't give you a photo because I had a retrax in my Tundra, which is now gone so I could get the Titan.

However, I know the cover well, and loved it. The only reason I don't have one on my Titan is that the bed is shorter than was the Tundra, and I don't want to give up the space. Looks like you have an extended cab, rather than crew cab, so I'd go for it.

The biggest problem I see with the cover cannister is not so much the space it takes, but that you can't load stuff up against it. Motorcycle, fridge, whatever, it is not structural and is not designed to have anything put pressure on it...so if you need to do some of those things, maybe a bakflip is more appropriate.

On the plus side, it is so nice to just roll it back a few feet to load things in the back, it looks awesome, works perfectly, and keeps the water out better than even Retrax will say, just to protect themselves. It can be open and left in any position with inifinite adjustablility. It is very secure, and easy to install. I don't know what they use to make it work with utilitrack (if you have that) but I'm sure it is first class since they really don't skimp on quality.
You will not be sorry if you get it. If I were to get one for the titan, I'd conisder rigging up some kind of header that attaches to the Utilitrack to protect the cannister and allow me to load things up towards the front. It does leave plenty of space underneath to get full use of the bed length for lumber, etc.

I liked mine so much that they used my comments on their website.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Thanks for the response. I was actually thinking the same thing about putting some type of header or protector so the canister wouldn't get crushed. I can get it delivered to my door for $865, so I think I just may bite the bullet, and order it up next week.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
I'm a pretty big fan of mine. It works well, I like the simplicity of just rolling it and stopping it where I want. I'm not sure I can say much more than Krodad did, but if you can give me a few minutes, I'll get those pictures for you.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Here's some pics. If you need anything else, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great pics. Exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't rule out the Bakflip G2 I just put one on my 07 CC and I love it. Its also about $250 cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts