Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I went to test drive the new Camaro SS. Wow, I left with a smile on my face. I've always been a Camaro nut anyhow. However, 426hp in a 6-speed transmission makes you smile over & over again. I about gave the dealer a heart attack during the test drive. :eyebrow:

I'd really, really like it. But honestly I'm just not sure I can part with the Titan. I want both. Which could be in the cards depending on some other things.

Anyhow, my question. For those running superchargers on their Titans, how much horsepower are they gaining? Which setup did you use? How much did it cost? Was it worth it? Was it a mild improvement, or did it feel like a beast unleashed? Also, what other mods did you have (or want) to do with it?

I have no false illusions about the Titan being as quick as the SS, but if I decide to stay put I'd like to beef up the Titan.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I won't not recommend adding an S/C to your Titan. Stillen is the only company selling the kit & if you read about it on here you will see why...

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I won't not recommend adding an S/C to your Titan. Stillen is the only company selling the kit & if you read about it on here you will see why...except only 1 or 2 that have not had any problem's.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I wouldnt do a Supercharger, to much to worry about; just do cams, full exhaust (headers, b-pipes, and cat back), new intake, new intake manifold, and a tune and u will probably be running the same Hp and Trq numbers and spending a lot less for it

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude----Read about the Superchargers that have been installed on Titans via the very large "Sticky Thread" on here. In short, if you even see a Supercharger that claims its for the Nissan Titan......RUN....................Link to the thread below!

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/79604-stillen-supercharger.html
Thanks for the tips to everyone that has contributed to this thread. I had actually found the above linked thread, I just didn't read all 90 pages. :huh: Reading the first page or two, I thought it was an isolated issue that got tagged to help other SC users work through the same issues. Apparently not. Sadly Titan owners must run from the thought of SC's! :ftard:

I wouldnt do a Supercharger, to much to worry about; just do cams, full exhaust (headers, b-pipes, and cat back), new intake, new intake manifold, and a tune and u will probably be running the same Hp and Trq numbers and spending a lot less for it
That is a nice list of things I'd like to do anyhow. I will do some more research but thoughts on the best manufacturers to use, rough price and HP/torque gains of each?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I won't not recommend adding an S/C to your Titan. Stillen is the only company selling the kit & if you read about it on here you will see why...
Vortech has one as well...

Titansauraus, honestly you're much better off with avoiding an S/C... If you want the fastest Titan, follow Toomnymods because he's posted alot of info he learned from trial and error... Both Blackwidow and DF6_Titan are in your neck of the woods and they have very nicely performance mod'd Titans that tend to incure whiplash.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Vortech has one as well...
Yea, they do...but have you actually seen one that work's? :)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
If i were to supercharge mine, i'd go Vortech, but I'm buying a 240sx, so I know where my money is going. :D

Go test drive the 2011 5.0 Mustangs. :D
Faster, better handling, better fuel economy, less of a blindspot and HUGEEEEEEEE power gains with simple mods.

I'm impartial to GM and Ford, I own both and am not biased towards either. When the Camaro came back, I was stoked, but after Ford released the Coyote 5.0....I'm sorry but Ford's done a GREAT job.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thanks for the tips to everyone that has contributed to this thread. I had actually found the above linked thread, I just didn't read all 90 pages. :huh: Reading the first page or two, I thought it was an isolated issue that got tagged to help other SC users work through the same issues. Apparently not. Sadly Titan owners must run from the thought of SC's! :ftard:

That is a nice list of things I'd like to do anyhow. I will do some more research but thoughts on the best manufacturers to use, rough price and HP/torque gains of each?
Oh and there is a aftermarket website that caters to our truck, I forget the name but they supposedly can bore out our block and get forged piston and what not to give us a butt load of more power

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I thought vortech discontinued making the SC for the titan? Not enough sales?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I guess im one of those non problematic S/Ced Titans. My whole mod list is on my sig. Theres a bit over $47K worth of goodies on Megatron.
Yes, there's Megatron & Galen's old SC'sed Titan!

Oh and there is a aftermarket website that caters to our truck, I forget the name but they supposedly can bore out our block and get forged piston and what not to give us a butt load of more power
Your talking about GT Motorsport's & their "stroked" VK56 has never been built or tested. It lives only on paper & is a fictional entity. Sort of like a unicorn...LOL

Reactions: Titansauraus
1 - 20 of 27 Posts