Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at redoing my exhaust. I want something subtle but still mean when I get on it. Right now I'm looking at doing a Borla Turbo XL muffler dual in dual out with the crossover in the muffler. But what I've read the turbo XL is for big block v8's? Aren't VK56 engines small blocks? That or dual Borla XR-1's maybe? Please help and thanks in advance.

Also to keep the great obnoxious sound that I have now when I go to the track I'm gonna run cutouts. Haha.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Dude I really want dual XR-1's. I love the loping sound

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I was in the same boat deciding between the Turbo XL and ProXS. After some searching online, I found out they're the same design but the ProXS is a more affordable muffler shop version. I got this ONE and it's a deeper tone w/ no CIS vs my old 18" maggie. I was looking for something more quiet/mellow after the headers and bpipes.

Thanks to StormTroopin' and JDos, they led me in the right direction.

The XR1 is a lot more aggressive from what I've read and heard from youtube clips.... sounds mean!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do you fellas think the XR-1 will be as loud as the bullets? I have dual bullets and resonated tips and still got a little CIS sound. Not too much plus it's pretty loud and mean. I'm thinking of the dual in/out turbo XL or dual XR-1's or dual turbo xl's

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
as loud as bullets no....but bullets are not mufflers either...they are just glass pack/reso's.....imo the XR1s will sound and perform way!!!!!better....i had bullets before anyone on here even knew about them with headers and they sounded like broken glass to me....then went with a single XR1 and loved it.....i havent done dual XR1s on our titan...but if done right should sound amazing....it takes a lot of work to get no cis and sound good with this engine......

·
Banned
4,217 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I may be selling my 3" in/out xr1 here shortly for a proxs if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I may be selling my 3" in/out xr1 here shortly for a proxs if you're interested.
I'm kind of looking for the 2.5, but if the price is right I may bite haha. What style is it? The multicore or sportsman? Offset, round, or oval?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts