Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you oil guys. On my first oil change I used valvoline full synthetic and the cheapy oil filter that valvoline puts on the vehicles. When ever I get on it the oil pressure would go up like normal at the higher rpm's. On my second oil change I switched to castrol high mileage and the fram high mileage filter cause I have 91000 miles on my 04 titan. The first night I drove it the pressure would rise up like the valvoline and then some but now the oil pressure doesn't hardly rise at all past normal unless higher rpm's close to 5000 rpms. Is this the difference in the oils viscosity why it reacts differently? Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I dont think it's your oil doing that. I know the trucks have a real pressure guage on it and the needle fluctuates. I woul be willing to bet that it's your Guage or more likely the Oil filter. A quick way to check would be to put some more Valvoline in there with a new flter and see what happens. You can run the High mileage stuff if you want but the Synthetic would be fine too if you liked it.

What weight oil is this? Where they both the same weight?

Spend a few bucks and get a good oil filter for your ride. You get what you pay for IMHO. M1,Oem, Wix(Napa Gold)Purolator are some of the best. The FramTough guard is decent

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oil is 5w-30 like the manual says to use. I don't know what weight the valvoline was cause I didn't look close when valvoline changed it the first time. I know that the oil filter looks really small for a v8 engine. It looks more like something that I would put on my old toyota tercel.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The oil filter is small. I meant maybe your cheap oil filter didn't have a ani drain valve on it. Go pick up a OEM oil filter or M1 or Napa gold that is spec for the titan and do an oil change, It it works than you know what your problem is. If it doesn't your out 30 bucks but your Titan gets a treat. 5w30 is prefect.:cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll probably go get a better oil filter this weekend and do it before I go out of town for a few days. I don't have to be back at work until the 2nd of jan which I am looking forward to! Thinking about getting the pure one filter at least to put on there. Thanks for the help I appreciate the info. Don't want to lose the beast to an inferior oil filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts