Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was reading that link that got_titan posted a few days ago on that Ford Enthusiasts forum and found a separate but interesting discussion on one idiots claim to boycott Car and Driver for rating the Titan #1. I was actually pretty impressed with many of the responses in the discussion. Some interesting toilet reading material if nothing else.

Link to discussion

Karl

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ford discussion website

I find it interesting that they want to blame Nissan and CandD instead of Ford. Ford made the inferior product. They should be happy there is more competition, it will only make the products better on all sides. It will also bring the prices down. The plain fact that someone can build a first year production truck and beat the previous "leader" who has been building trucks for x years says something about the whole truck line (Chevy Ford Dodge )prior to 2004. I rented a RAM over the weekend since I haven't bought the Titan yet and I will tell you the Dodge has half the power, and the ride quality isn't. I felt like I was driving a rock. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
128 Posts
karlconnell said:
Hey guys, I was reading that link that got_titan posted a few days ago on that Ford Enthusiasts forum and found a separate but interesting discussion on one idiots claim to boycott Car and Driver for rating the Titan #1. I was actually pretty impressed with many of the responses in the discussion. Some interesting toilet reading material if nothing else.

Link to discussion

Karl

The Titan sure has those Ford owners freaking out........I LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Actually, one of the things I like about the blind loyalty of the Ford/Dodge/Chevy guys is the fact that they're going to buy their brand no matter how much better the competition is! That means more trucks for me to smoke at stop lights! JK, I actually don't condone street racing, but I am not above reaching the posted speed limit a little faster than the guy next to me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I read the whole discussion and it was funny to see the brand loyalty and all of the patriotic American chest pounding (I'm a very patriotic American myself) and the excuses why someone should not buy the made in the USA Titan "import". I think the best part was the post from the guy that said the Titan only beat the F-150 by seven points in the Car and Driver magazine test. That seven points was a landslide win by Titan. All of the other trucks were only seperated by one or two point margins so seven points was without a doubt a considerable win. Titan #1 hands down.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Everyone is entitled too a opinion. Thats all C&D is. A opinion! Several other magazines think different. Its a cash cow. Whoever gives the most advertising space usually gets too be the best. Everything is a business now. Reason those ford guys are so made is cause they been #1 for so long. Nobody has tried too compete with them cause the market was not there. Now it is. There sport truck was wiped off the map when the SRT 10 took the guiness book of world records title from them. Then the Nissan, and Hemi, took the Heavy Duty title from them. They got competition and now there pissed.
As far as brand loyalness, this is my first Dodge, and i bought it cause i like the Dodge looks, feel, and Power. I test drove the ford, and chevy, and they didnt have a chance. Yes, there interior was alittle plusher, but i didnt want it. I got no carpet, and roll up windows in my truck. Its a worker, not a luxery truck. The Nissan was not out yet so i cant comment on them.
As far as the stoplight comment "Calm down bigboy!" Dont get too cocky yet. I got a 4x4 tow package, heavy duty front axle weighing in a 5100lb without me in it. Ran a 15.1 at 88.30 mph<~Totally stock. I will see the titan's at the track this summer. I know C&D is incorrect as they always are, but be carefull about what you say until you see the facts. I dont get mad when you guys say stuff about Dodge. I know this is a titan forum so i respect that. See you at the track this summer guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
359 Posts
37L1 said:
All I really know is: I love my Titan!

It doesn't matter what others think. All I got to do is drive! :clap:
Amen, 37L1!!! I wouldn't swap my Titan for TWO of any of the competition...I love it that much! :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts