Yep, not as fast as he thought it is....:huh:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
how dare he hit an italia! thats going to be expensive

·
Registered
360 Posts
haha, and the F car was only 2 weeks old as well! Guy just took delivery of it!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm having trouble trying to imagine a scenario where the truck driver wasn't at fault in that picture. Hope he's got healthy liability coverage.

Probably going to cost more to fix that 458 than the Ferd pick-em-up cost in the first place. The diminished value settlement will probably take care of that right off the bat.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Haha I read the story last week, the guy in the Ferrari got a lil impatient waiting so he decided to jet it on the other side and the Ferd came out from the home improvement driveway and BOOM SMASH KAPOW...end of story for the italian car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe he will learn that just because he has a 200k car he still has to stay between the lines.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm having trouble trying to imagine a scenario where the truck driver wasn't at fault in that picture.
This. Can someone paint a picture of what happened?

In Brandon, Florida, a Ford truck ended up parking on a Ferrari 458 Italia after it allegedly made an illegal pass over the double yellow line to get into the turn lane. Sources are saying the damages are in excess of $25,000, and that the Ferrari owner is totally responsible for the accident.
This owner is a d bag!

YouTube - Ferrari Crash 458 Italia run over by Ford F150 Truck PARKED ON ITS HOOD!!!

YouTube - Ferrari Crash 458 Italia No Dont Park on My Ferrari MSNBC Today Show INTERVIEW

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
I think it's pretty funny that in the video of the today show interview, the guy doesn't say anything how he decided to be impatient and go around someone and wound up with an f-150 parked on the hood. I think the driver is just a dip sh*t...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'd wager a bet that both drivers were suffering from small wanker syndrome, which is common with exotics owners and - sad to say - full-size truck owners.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
How do you know the guy was going around stopped traffic? Is there a story somewhere else?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Found this on the Final Gear (Top Gear) forum:

Originally Posted By capt205:
OK guys...here's the story. I know, because my Engine ran the call.

Ferrari is NB on the road, approaching an intersection, but has not reached the begining of the left turn lane, and traffic is backed up. So at this point, he is in a 2 way, 2 lane, North/South road.

Truck is exiting a parking lot on East side of road, attempting to turn left (South). Traffic pauses to allow truck out (common, at this intersection, as it often backs up 2-3 blocks). N/B lane is stopped, S/B lane is clear to make his turn.

Ferrari guy gets impatient and enters S/B lane, attempting to get around stopped traffic, to get to the turn lane, and not have to sit through at least 1, and probably 2 more light cycles.

Ferrari guy does not see Ford, resulting in a T/C.

Reactions: TiTAN-

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sweet.
Personaly I think the ford looks good like that. Would like pics of my T and my CJ on top of the car.

Reactions: DeadRiver

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah. I would definitely frame a picture like that. Sure would beat offroading pictures. "Yeah, well mine can climb a Ferrari!"

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Found this on the Final Gear (Top Gear) forum:
Perfect! That's what I figured... It's hard to tell because we have such a small view of the street and can't see how far away he was from the light, or how far he had until the left turn lane.

Here's the address if you wanna look it up on Google Maps.

150 S Parsons Ave
Brandon, FL 33511

Ferrari was heading north bound, and the F150 came from the east parking lot.

The dumbass had roughly 200ft before the left turn lane.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts