Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love it how Ford attempts (and usually succeeds) in brainswashing people into thinking they make great quality vehicles....Recalls
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bestatchess said:
This is good information. I'll try not to smash any Fords that stall in front of me.
ROFLMBO :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Not funny, my daughter and granddaughter have to ride in one of those POS Escapes. Her husband gets the "A" plan so they get them at cost. That think died constantly on them. Leaving them stranded a number of times. I finaly #$%^&*$ him out enough that he swapped it out for a mini van.

FOUND
On
Road
Dead

Flipped
Over
Rebuilt
Dodge

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
It seems that I had good timing. My previous vehicle to the Titan was an '01 Escape! Glad that I don't have to go through the recall thing. There was another TSB on it just before I sold it for the seatbelts of all things. :coolsmile

Loving every minute of the Titan. :hat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cshepherd said:
It seems that I had good timing. My previous vehicle to the Titan was an '01 Escape! Glad that I don't have to go through the recall thing. There was another TSB on it just before I sold it for the seatbelts of all things. :coolsmile

Loving every minute of the Titan. :hat:
Amen to that last part about loving the Titan!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
ford is on the ropes and reelin, don't be surprised if you see a GM takeover of ford if these recalls continue...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
TITAN21 said:
ford is on the ropes and reelin, don't be surprised if you see a GM takeover of ford if these recalls continue...
Yep, on the ropes reeling with a barrage of awesome new products. New F150, new Super Duty next year, new Mustang, 500, Freestyle, Futura in 2 years, etc...all stand to be really good cars. Fords products are stronger than just about anybodies right now and their quality is way up. How many problems have you heard of with the new F-150? Not many, which is surprising considering the volume they are selling for a first year vehicle. The Escape is actually pretty reliable too.

GM won't be taking Ford over...sorry.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
81 Posts
I agree with Ben. I think Ford has really improved its quality these days. Just look at the latest Consumer Reports article. For the first time American cars are actually rated more reliable than European cars. Obviously Ford has had a major part in that. From experience, I can say that it's a mixed bag. The couple of Taurus' I've been around were wrought with problems. An older model Escort however is a steady workhorse with practically no problems. Same goes for the Mustangs I've been around, no problems. And most of the Ford trucks I've been around, both new and old, have been workhorses for years and had no problems.

As for Ford's financial situation, that's hard to gauge. If you look at sales, the F-150 sells more than any other vehicle in the world. The Mustangs are also a big seller, as are the Focus'. Ford also sells a lot of police and civil vehicles. All you have to do is drive around town for a while and you're guaranteed to see your fair share of Ford vehicles. It's not like they're not selling. I think the problem at Ford, if there is a problem, is internal. Meaning, Ford will have to restructure itself to make itself more viable and effecient in the market. Perhaps closing some divisions, cutting some models, reappropriating finances, and so on.

Once they do that, they should be in good shape. Just look at what's coming up. They've got a new F-150 which, like it or not, will carry on the tradition of the best selling truck in America. There's also a new Mustang coming out, which is the quintessential budget sports car in America. And the Focus is almost as big on the compact market as the Honda Civic. Not to mention that Ford is also a player abroad with some popular models in Europe and Australia.

As for my tastes, I'd go with the Titan, but offer me one of those new Ford GT's and I'll take one anyday :teethmast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Doghouse said:
Not funny, my daughter and granddaughter have to ride in one of those POS Escapes. Her husband gets the "A" plan so they get them at cost. That think died constantly on them. Leaving them stranded a number of times. I finaly #$%^&*$ him out enough that he swapped it out for a mini van.
I hope you didn't swap it out for a Honda minivan as it appears they have a recall on those now too...http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4740343/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
munkeebinis said:
I agree with Ben. I think Ford has really improved its quality these days. Just look at the latest Consumer Reports article. For the first time American cars are actually rated more reliable than European cars. Obviously Ford has had a major part in that. From experience, I can say that it's a mixed bag. The couple of Taurus' I've been around were wrought with problems. An older model Escort however is a steady workhorse with practically no problems. Same goes for the Mustangs I've been around, no problems. And most of the Ford trucks I've been around, both new and old, have been workhorses for years and had no problems.

As for Ford's financial situation, that's hard to gauge. If you look at sales, the F-150 sells more than any other vehicle in the world. The Mustangs are also a big seller, as are the Focus'. Ford also sells a lot of police and civil vehicles. All you have to do is drive around town for a while and you're guaranteed to see your fair share of Ford vehicles. It's not like they're not selling. I think the problem at Ford, if there is a problem, is internal. Meaning, Ford will have to restructure itself to make itself more viable and effecient in the market. Perhaps closing some divisions, cutting some models, reappropriating finances, and so on.

Once they do that, they should be in good shape. Just look at what's coming up. They've got a new F-150 which, like it or not, will carry on the tradition of the best selling truck in America. There's also a new Mustang coming out, which is the quintessential budget sports car in America. And the Focus is almost as big on the compact market as the Honda Civic. Not to mention that Ford is also a player abroad with some popular models in Europe and Australia.

As for my tastes, I'd go with the Titan, but offer me one of those new Ford GT's and I'll take one anyday :teethmast
March sales stats showed 85,000 of those new 150s being sold last month, Ford says it could be 1 million this year.If you add the 3 months in the latter part of 03 that they released them, it looks like they could make it. Cant seem to find chevy or dodges march fiqures anywhere on the web.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
Come on people, these are mechanical vehicles we are talking about. Just about every car company has had a recall of some degreee or another. Yes, some more often than others, but a recall is a recall. I would prefer my vehicle be recalled...by whichever company...than the company determine that it is more cost effective to pay fines in court when accidents do happen (Ford has been known for this in the past)! The fact is, Titans are still relatively new, and a recall COULD happen (& will on the radio!). Does that mean Titans' are crap? NO! It means that it is mechanical, and made by humans...$hit happens. Dispite what most think, Ford quality IS getting better, this is the first time in my life I have considered buying a Ford (F150)...But I won't, I like the Titan Better. And no Ford is not going anyware! They sell more F150's in 2 months than the number of Titans will be sold in a year...come on, get a clue :rolleyes: As far as Honda, they have gone above and beyond to make things right. They have had 10 incedents out of what, 1 million+ vehicles. Don't knock them for doing the right thing! There defect rate on trasmissions was 2% higher than what they forecasted, so what did they do...they extended the warranty on the tranny to 100K mi. The didn't have to do it, but they did! I can think of worse things than a recall. Let's not start to think we are all special...It could happen to you too :huh:!
Just my .02.

SARKAZM
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
81 Posts
I agree Sarkazm. Every manufacturer has problems of its own. Even Toyota has some mechanical issues with some of its models, and Toyota is the most reliable automaker in the world. So what are we to expect of Nissan? The Titan isn't going to be perfect. It's going to have problems of its own. Let's not bash other trucks to make the Titan look better. Quality is yet to be determined. Last I heard, the Titan was being made here in the States. Putting a Japanese badge on something doesn't make it Japanese build-quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
SarkaZm said:
As far as Honda, they have gone above and beyond to make things right. They have had 10 incedents out of what, 1 million+ vehicles. Don't knock them for doing the right thing!SARKAZM
I fully agree with everything you said in a few posts back. However, if that Honda comment was directed at me for the Honda minivan recall further above, then just know that I absolutely love Honda products and was not knocking them as you implied. If I were buying a car, Honda would probably be my #1 pick.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
81 Posts
Honda makes good cars, though a little underpowered all through their lineup, but I think Toyota makes the best quality cars in terms of reliable and hassle-free operation. Some say Toyota isn't what it used to be, but regardless of any model-specific issues that may have come up lately Toyota is still at the top when it comes to building reliable vehicles. Even VW's CEO openly stated "in technical terms, Toyota is better then us. But not just us." You can check out the article I'm quoting here: http://www.dw-world.de/english/0,3367,1431_A_1044433_1_A,00.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
And new for 2006 should be a Toyota full sized hybrid truck that gets 30 MPG and can still tow stuff. I now drive a Prius, and that hybrid technology is amazing. More than a car. I can hardly wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
dman said:
I fully agree with everything you said in a few posts back. However, if that Honda comment was directed at me for the Honda minivan recall further above, then just know that I absolutely love Honda products and was not knocking them as you implied. If I were buying a car, Honda would probably be my #1 pick.
dman, Sorry, I did not mean to suggest that you were flaming Honda's, but this whole post seems unfounded here. I just didn't see the need to start flaming the competiton, and any other non-Nissan product just because of a recall. It's odd, because if Nissan did not come out with a Titan, we would probably all be driving new F150's :huh: But I guess some feel the need to put down the competiton to justify their purchase. Hopefully it won't come back to bite them!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top