Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! First forum post here. Im in the countdown phase to picking up my first Titan (2017 SL non XD).
i have a ton of ?s about this new rig but will limit this to just 2.
im curious in knowing what options my rig has on it that are functional. Namely, the CAMERA button found near the radio section. Im aware some models allow for a “birds eye view” around vehicle but i dont think mine allows for this because during my test drive i selected it and it offered nothing. My hope was to discover this answer by looking at the side mirrors for cameras but I’m not able to do so now since this rig is in shop getting a new long block put in under warranty.
quest 2:
I’ve seen numerous replies to this often asked question but am lost in the differing replies I’ve seen to it.
CAN I ADD A 275 65 20 tire to this 2017 SL (non XD) RIG WITHOUT A LIFT? I need to update tires and eventually would like to add a leveling kit to it but dealer is hooking me up with tires at time of signing and I want to be sure i can add these tires (stock tires now are 275 60 20) and will do the leveling after the fact.
Any insight on these 2 questions would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello all! First forum post here. Im in the countdown phase to picking up my first Titan (2017 SL non XD).
i have a ton of ?s about this new rig but will limit this to just 2.
im curious in knowing what options my rig has on it that are functional. Namely, the CAMERA button found near the radio section. Im aware some models allow for a “birds eye view” around vehicle but i dont think mine allows for this because during my test drive i selected it and it offered nothing. My hope was to discover this answer by looking at the side mirrors for cameras but I’m not able to do so now since this rig is in shop getting a new long block put in under warranty.
quest 2:
I’ve seen numerous replies to this often asked question but am lost in the differing replies I’ve seen to it.
CAN I ADD A 275 65 20 tire to this 2017 SL (non XD) RIG WITHOUT A LIFT? I need to update tires and eventually would like to add a leveling kit to it but dealer is hooking me up with tires at time of signing and I want to be sure i can add these tires (stock tires now are 275 60 20) and will do the leveling after the fact.
Any insight on these 2 questions would be greatly appreciated!!
we put 275 65 18 on our truck..after burning off the stock tires..i assume 65 s would work

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
856 Posts
65 is just a hair taller, like barely any taller. you can put it on easily and it won't rub. ( googled it, I was wrong. its more than a hair taller. 275/60/20 is a 33" tire. 275/65/20 is a 34" tire. you are still good though)

on mine and yours trucks, the camera only turns on the back when backing. we don't have all the cool guy bird's eye view systems. I have a 2017 sv, non xd, which is very very similar to the sl. when I looked at them, I couldn't find a difference between an SL and my SV because I have those same 20s that came on yours

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we put 275 65 18 on our truck..after burning off the stock tires..i assume 65 s would work
Thanks for your input. Im afraid the wheel differences (18” vs 20”) would render too much. I suppose it may still fit but would need to get more info. Thx anyhow
65 is just a hair taller, like barely any taller. you can put it on easily and it won't rub. ( googled it, I was wrong. its more than a hair taller. 275/60/20 is a 33" tire. 275/65/20 is a 34" tire. you are still good though)

on mine and yours trucks, the camera only turns on the back when backing. we don't have all the cool guy bird's eye view systems. I have a 2017 sv, non xd, which is very very similar to the sl. when I looked at them, I couldn't find a difference between an SL and my SV because I have those same 20s that came on yours
Thanks pal!! Really appreciate your input. That cam button seems standard on all trims even though it doesnt work. Tricky advertising. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro4X Rocky Ridge
85 Posts
Don’t know if this is applicable or not but, the camera can be used in-motion too but, it cuts off once you reach 5 mph or-so. It’s really made for parking assistance which is slow-rolling. I am sure there is a custom mod setting where you can change a setting to use while driving but I haven’t found an interface yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts