Nissan Titan Forum banner

Found a 2005 Nissan titan LE need some advise?

974 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  HRTKD 
#1 · (Edited)
i am looking to purchase a Nissan Titan 4x4 LE with 43000 miles($19,275) on it, what should i look for in these vehicles? i am new to these trucks i own a dodge and will never go back with a dodge biggest POS i have ever had!! please help any advise will help me.

#2 ·
I think they are asking to much... in jan 09 I got a 2006 se cc 4x4 with 19k miles on it for 18031 otd...

You wanna makesure the manifolds are not cracked (although they are now covered under nissans 8y/80k mile)

Rear axle seals are not leaking...

Ummmmm... its to early to think of any more...

#3 ·
In addition to the above, If you test drive the truck check the brakes for pulsation...in Nissan's world we call this "brake judder". The correct fix for this is the replacement of rotors and brake pads. 2004/2005 titan were well noted for this.

#4 ·
i got my 05 SE with 36k miles for $9,000

Reactions: LOWSLOPE
#5 ·
You stole it at that price. An 05 SE 4x4 with 36,000 should sell for $13000-$15000.

#7 ·
I don't know... Kelly Blue Book says around $22,000 for the retail price. I'd say that's not bad especially with the low mileage. One thing to keep in mind is that it took Nissan a few years to sort out the different issues with the truck. I personally wouldn't want to go below a 2008 model, however, I never had any issues with my 2004 until the fuel pump went out at 60k.

#8 ·
That price sounds a bit high, depending on your location. I just purchased an 06' with 50K for $20k ... But it had "extras" included.

Another avenue you may want to look at to get the price down is having a auto broker purchase the truck from the dealership, they usually can get a nice chunk taken off the price.

#9 ·
I don't think it's really all that far out of line. Depends on where you live and if 4wd commands a good premium. Where I live you pay for 4wd because it's necessary. Out in the flat lands, it's more of a luxury than anything else.

Rear axle seals, pinion seals (where driveshafts go into differentials), exhaust manifolds, power steering line tend to be the things you see most on here. I've had two of these trucks and they've both been good trucks without issue (so far) other than a few squeaks and rattles which can be annoying (but can be fixed if you're so inclined and know where to look).

#10 ·
I think most of the issues (brakes, differentials) were resolved by the 2007 model year. I have had very few problems. Even with low miles $19K seems a bit high to me. Check the radiator, transmission cooler lines, seals on differentials and transfer case. Pull the transmission dip stick and check the color/smell of the fluid. With so few miles I doubt the transmission is an issue but it's worth a check. Can you get a service history report on it? That might help you find out if any major parts have been replaced. If they have that's good. There may be outstanding recall work to be done. Also check to see how much (if any) of the powertrain warranty is still available.

I'm very pleased with my Titan. If I had to replace it I would have a very difficult decision to make as I don't like the new models/options. My '07 is just right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.